Quantcast

Starbucks Frappuccino can have more calories than a Big Mac!

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
That Grande Mocha Frappuccino Can Add Up The Calories
June 28, 2004
By KOMO Staff & News Services

SEATTLE - Gary Lass didn't think twice before ordering his usual Starbucks grande mocha Frappuccino on a recent sunny afternoon.

"I drink too many of these, and they're not good for me," the 63-year-old Seattle resident admitted a bit sheepishly as he sipped the 420-calorie chocolate, coffee and whipped cream concoction. "I always wish I hadn't afterward, but my craving overcomes common sense."

It may seem counterintuitive to say that coffee is fattening - and, indeed, a regular cup of joe at Starbucks has just 10 calories. But add a little milk, a splash of chocolate or a squirt of whipping cream and things can get considerably more caloric.

A 16-ounce nonfat latte weighs in at a meager 160 calories, but the same size mocha - with whole milk and whipped cream - jumps up to 400 calories.

The sweet, summery frozen drinks can be even more tempting - and sinful. The largest Java Chip Frappuccino weighs in at 650 calories - 50 calories more than a Big Mac - and contains 25 grams of fat, compared with 33 grams for the Big Mac.

MORE...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You should not drink any beverage that can not be ordered with one word, not including the size.

Coffee-good
Beer-good
Whiskey-good
water-good
Milk-good

Brandy manhatten-bad
tonic water with a little bit of ica and a twist of lime-bad
iced Grande mocha latte chino halfe frappe-pull your head out of your ass and try to enjoy the simple things in life.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Westy said:
You should not drink any beverage that can not be ordered with one word, not including the size.

Coffee-good
Beer-good
Whiskey-good
water-good
Milk-good

Brandy manhatten-bad
iced Grande mocha latte chino halfe frappe-pull your head out of your ass and try to enjoy the simple things in life.
Hahaha :thumb:

You had me until milk. Milk = tummy ache. :mumble:

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
Tenchiro said:
But how many people eat a bowl of icecream every morning?
Not every morning, but judging by the size of most Americans, every night. Right after the fast food burger and fries and diet coke. :oink:

dirteater

Chimp
Jul 10, 2003
Midwest
I just realized that my favorite daily morning drink (mint condition) at caribou coffee has over 600 calories and 53g of fat. OMG no wonder I bike every evening and can't shed these last 15 lbs. Starting tomorrow my new drink is going to be a light roast...

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
fonseca said:
Not every morning, but judging by the size of most Americans, every night. Right after the fast food burger and fries and diet coke. :oink:
You know I never understood that? Watching these very large people eat an extra large meal at McDonalds, and rinse it down with a diet coke :think:

ted89

Chimp
Jul 4, 2004
Maine
all my fat relatives chug the diet - - i wonder what the health effects of all the chemicals in diet soda are, on a long term basis (if one is a frequent drinker)

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Westy said:

Coffee-good
Beer-good
Whiskey-good
water-good
Milk-good

Brandy manhatten-bad
What about "Red Bull"... or should I start saying it as one word?
redbull - good
Vodka - good
Redbull + Vodka - Even better!

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Brian HCM#1 said:
You know I never understood that? Watching these very large people eat an extra large meal at McDonalds, and rinse it down with a diet coke :think:
Well considering that the average fast food sized Coke has 500+ calories, it is probably a pretty smart move. (or a not so stupid move....) :oink:

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Diet Coke is the absolute worst thing you can put into your body. Just drink the regular un-diet sheit, and work out and sweat off the calories. With the ammount of garbage I eat, at least 3000 calories per day, if I diddn't sweat it out, I'd weigh 400lbs, not 180. I'm so phucking glad I don't have a gut

Knuckle