Quantcast

stealth new bike (bling!)

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
I wanted to see what all the hype was over this Bullit, so I picked up a new used one from smedford (thanks man). all black and pretty stealth, this bike RULES! I still need black grips and handlebars, but here it is.

drive side:

non-drive:

cockpit (huh huh):

comin at ya:

so I de-virginized it last night at the WHartford Res, hitting a drop that I'd been lookin at for a while now:

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
Originally posted by douglas
cool!

so do ya like it or what??

nice drop too!
this bike is so cool. I planned on keeping my FSR just in case I didn't like it, but think I can safely let it go now.

are ninham or blue mountain near you? might be making a trip soon...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Tony - sweet bike and great job on those drops!

I remember you going up to that drop when we last rode the Res. and from the looks of your pics you nailed it perfectly!!!

How much travel and what size is your old frame? ;) :)

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT

I do not know of these places
Ninham is in Carmel, NY and Blue Mtn is in Peekskill. I've been to Ninham a few times and had a blast, but not Blue Mtn yet. Someone had recommended it.

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
Originally posted by MMcG
Tony - sweet bike and great job on those drops!

I remember you going up to that drop when we last rode the Res. and from the looks of your pics you nailed it perfectly!!!

How much travel and what size is your old frame? ;) :)
didn't even qm the drop once :D

the FSR is a large I think. Its got 6" with a fox float r. I still love that bike, but man is this a nice ride.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by tonyhawk
didn't even qm the drop once :D

the FSR is a large I think. Its got 6" with a fox float r. I still love that bike, but man is this a nice ride.
You look pretty damned good on that Bullit - way to rock that drop too......did you just roll up and off it? Gimme the scoop.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Ninham is in Carmel, NY and Blue Mtn is in Peekskill. I've been to Ninham a few times and had a blast, but not Blue Mtn yet. Someone had recommended it.

ahh

those places are like 2 hours south of me, down near Stoshland

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
You look pretty damned good on that Bullit - way to rock that drop too......did you just roll up and off it? Gimme the scoop.
middle/2, pedaled toward it, had a bit of speed and let instinct take over. after the first one, I did like 8 laps on it - it was so smooth.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
ahh

those places are like 2 hours south of me, down near Stoshland
We must travel to Stoshland and ride these places that Tonyhawk speaks of in this thread. :cool: :)

Where is Stosh this a.m?? I miss his Good Morning thread.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
We must travel to Stoshland and ride these places that Tonyhawk speaks of in this thread. :cool: :)

Where is Stosh this a.m?? I miss his Good Morning thread.
MMcG: I was wondering the same thing!

tonyhawk: my man has a bullit and :love:s it! He's got quite the set-up and still manages to climb everything (then proceeds to rip back down it, droppin' everything that he can find). Glad you liked it!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Very nice, Hawk!!! Excellent job hitting that first drop you posted too. :thumb: Now we need to get MMcG to hit it. :)

Man, I've been away from home three days and I already miss it.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Very nice, Hawk!!! Excellent job hitting that first drop you posted too. :thumb: Now we need to get MMcG to hit it. :)

I'd love to be able to progress enough this year to hit that one....and a little more squish would be nice to have to try it with. But you have now laid down the gauntlet IAB so I have my work cut out for me. :D :devil: :D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
middle/2, pedaled toward it, had a bit of speed and let instinct take over. after the first one, I did like 8 laps on it - it was so smooth.
We gotta ride together again so I can watch you hit that drop Tony!!:cool: :)

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
Originally posted by golgiaparatus
I kinda dig the gold :D Looks pimptified, especially with the gold stanchons(sp)
good point. hmmm ... maybe I can find a gold seat post to match it.

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
Originally posted by TimeBomb
Nice Bike TonyHawk. Nice job on the drops too. Hopefully I'll see it in action at the next FreeRide Frenzy.
gonna have to start planning that again soon. I might be able to do more than 2 of the stunts this year too :)

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
We gotta ride together again so I can watch you hit that drop Tony!!:cool: :)
I should be around the next few nights after work. lately, I bring the bike to work every day, and use it most of them :D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I should be around the next few nights after work. lately, I bring the bike to work every day, and use it most of them :D
I have been bringing my road bike with me - but let's try and shoot for a ride tomorrow at the Res after work........sound like a plan?

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
I have been bringing my road bike with me - but let's try and shoot for a ride tomorrow at the Res after work........sound like a plan?
98% sure (I have committment problems). Shoot for 6, as I'll most likely have some parking-lot-bike-maintenance to do. My headset seems to come loose a lot, so I ordered up an Azonic Headlock online. with next day shipping, it gets here faster than going to the lbs :rolleyes:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
98% sure (I have committment problems). Shoot for 6, as I'll most likely have some parking-lot-bike-maintenance to do. My headset seems to come loose a lot, so I ordered up an Azonic Headlock online. with next day shipping, it gets here faster than going to the lbs :rolleyes:
6 works!

Hmmm..........Belair or Snipes for me......methinks Belair. :)