Quantcast

Steep, loose & dusty - tyres?

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Geez dude, how old are you?

All I'm saying is that I prefer a tire that delivers grip at all lean angles. Because there are many corners that don't require maximum lean angle.

Ohio's just the latest stop in life by the way, have ridden and raced all over this beautiful planet. :thumb:
I rode the Ardent's for awhile, I liked them because they rolled super fast and cornered like mad.
The first handful of times I rode them, I hated them because I kept crashing. Finally got to the point where I was leaning the bike waaaay over and they hooked up great. But they were scary when you hit the Jeebus point between the center knobs and side knobs! :eek:

That being said, I'll be on Minions again soon :)

slowitdown - you need to chill a bit dude. Its just a bike forum.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Shame that video has been squashed a bit, removes some of the steepness!

Went for DHF and DHR in the end. Really like the DHR, nice solid feeling tyre - look forward to trying it on a more "regular" track to see how it compares to DHFs and highrollers, neither of which I tried this weekend.

I went so-so. 2min02, placed me 35th out of 45 experts... not great. Crashed a lot in practice, and with the single-race-run format (most UK races are best-of-two) I throttled right back to ensure a clean run. Lame. I wouldn't have been able to better a 1:57ish even if I'd let it hang out and got lucky though. Brendan did 1:42 - ridiculous! :)

Results: http://www.rootsandrain.co.uk/race108/2010-jun-27-bds-3-llangollen/