Quantcast

Stevens Pass Bike Park Passes on Sale NOW

Stevenspass

Monkey
Sep 6, 2007
Leavenworth, WA
We are listening to folks about $1k being a lot up front and working on a payment plan to sell off the rest. Hoping to have that info out this PM. Stay tuned.

Joel

sad panda

Monkey
May 5, 2005
It's pretty cool that this has come together. I remember talking about it five years ago (when I was still living over there). I'm going to be over there around the 4th of July. Hopefully there will be a couple trails to cruise around on.

Stevenspass

Monkey
Sep 6, 2007
Leavenworth, WA
It is super cool. Long time coming. Nothing by the 4th sorry. Hoping to start building soon but fricking snow is holding on. We are shooting for something open by Labor Day this year.

Joel

Cutters

Chimp
Mar 5, 2008
Everett, WA
Just bought mine. Can't wait for the first ride.

It was nice meeting you at Duthie Joel & Chris. I'm L.J. from Gregg's. (Guy with the tires.)
Looking forward to riding with you guys sometime.

Cheers!

Stevenspass

Monkey
Sep 6, 2007
Leavenworth, WA
Yeah L.J! Thank for dropping in and the support. Can't wait to be ripping laps with you as well. If you in are in Leavenworth prior to bike park opens lets ride there. Thanks again for the tires.

Joel

Just bought mine. Can't wait for the first ride.

It was nice meeting you at Duthie Joel & Chris. I'm L.J. from Gregg's. (Guy with the tires.)
Looking forward to riding with you guys sometime.

Cheers!

noparking

Chimp
Mar 7, 2011
i'd still like to if the park stating to be built it fully dependent on the selling of these last passes and what happens when the initial capital is spent. I think it's kind of interesting that these passes must be sold before anything really starts. If these questions could be answered I would buy a pass, but until then there is no chance.

NWS

Chimp
Sep 19, 2010
They've already started construction, so that's not a big concern.

What worries me is what happens if the bike park doesn't stay open for 5 years. They said on Facebook that they'll refund $200 for each year it doesn't open... but if the bike park goes under, where are they going to get the money to pay the refunds?

I'll join DIA if I can get a believable answer that question. Seriously.

I asked about getting the "other Stevens Pass" (the winter company) to offer season passes in that case, but the answer was no. Heck, even $200 off would let me break even, and I'd be in.

But if Stevens Pass isn't willing to take that risk (the winter company, or the parent company), then why should anyone else?

Stevenspass

Monkey
Sep 6, 2007
Leavenworth, WA
The bike park and the ski area are the same company just as a new business it is seperate funding. As any new business the SPBP will need to prove it's self to the bean counters. I am not worried about that. It is just getting it up off the ground.

What happens if it hits the fan down the road? Won't happen, but if it did the company still has money even if the business unit does not. Just put on my director hat for second. Like me I work for Stevens Pass not the ski area specially or the bike park spefically but for the company. Just lucky that I get to do both. Hope that helps. If not post away.

Joel

NWS

Chimp
Sep 19, 2010
The bike park and the ski area are the same company just as a new business it is seperate funding. As any new business the SPBP will need to prove it's self to the bean counters. I am not worried about that. It is just getting it up off the ground.

What happens if it hits the fan down the road? Won't happen, but if it did the company still has money even if the business unit does not. Just put on my director hat for second. Like me I work for Stevens Pass not the ski area specially or the bike park spefically but for the company. Just lucky that I get to do both. Hope that helps. If not post away.

Joel
Solid answer. I'll call tomorrow.