Quantcast

Stewart Buffer Zone Group ride Sept. 9th

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
To all who are interested!

I'll be leading a group of Monkeys through Stewart on Sept. 9th. Right now it sounds like we have about 6 people riding, both male and female.

We will probably do around 15miles and it starts at 10am.

PM me or drop a line in this post if you are interested!!

Nathan Cloud

Chimp
Jun 27, 2005
Burlington, CT
Would you say its worth drive from centralish Connecticut? I am interested though...

Edit: Sept 9th is the day I am getting married so I probably can't make this ride. perhaps a future tour?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Nathan Cloud said:
Would you say its worth drive from centralish Connecticut? I am interested though...

Edit: Sept 9th is the day I am getting married so I probably can't make this ride. perhaps a future tour?
Ha, congrats!

There was a big RM meet on my wedding too.

I would say it's worth the drive for the future!

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
stosh said:
Shipyard Export
Never had it myself...but beeradvocate says it's pretty good. Hmmm, may have to form my own opinion...

beeradvocate.com said:
overall: 3.5
appearance: 4 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | mouthfeel: 3.5 | drinkability: 3.5

Presentation: 12 oz brown long neck twist off bottle with a freshness date on the side of the label.

Appearance: Sunrise golden hue with a bright clarity, big foamy head stays for most of the way.

Smell: Fruity and buttery aroma with a mild hint of caramel and spicy herbal hop and esters.

Taste: Crispness is there but feels too forced and spritzy, moderate body with a slick mouth feel. Light maltiness, buttery with a musty character from the diacetyl. Hops are more than ample with a straight up clean bitterness and lingering woody herbal flavour. Fruity with a pinch of estery alcohol. Finishes with a thin spreading of residual sweetness, diacetyl twang and left over hop.

Notes: A bit thin for my liking, this brew used to have a bit more body and oomph from what I can remember. Feels and tastes like it is filtered too much. Not bad for a lighter ale.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
bluebug32 said:
You drink things other than Yuengling? Or was it just Yuengling with a moose on the label? :sneaky:
There is no reason to EVER deviate from Yuengling. Heiniken is a substitute if needed.

I think that after Labor Day, you're not allowed to drink beers with lime.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
There is no reason to EVER deviate from Yuengling. Heiniken is a substitute if needed.

I think that after Labor Day, you're not allowed to drink beers with lime.
Ohhhh now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if I can squeeze in a 3rd Yuengling Brewery tour over labor day weekend.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
elaborate plz!
For labor day weekend I will be staying 10minutes away from the Yuengling Brewery. I was thinking that while I'm down there I should go to the Brewery again for another tour. However I was wrong in stating that it would be my 3rd tour, actually it would be my 4th tour.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
stosh said:
For labor day weekend I will be staying 10minutes away from the Yuengling Brewery. I was thinking that while I'm down there I should go to the Brewery again for another tour. However I was wrong in stating that it would be my 3rd tour, actually it would be my 4th tour.
Where are you going to be? They have more then one brewery now right? One in PA and...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tame Ape said:
Where are you going to be? They have more then one brewery now right? One in PA and...
The original is in PA and they have one on Florida.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
dogwonder said:
TameApe, you should go tour the Brooklyn brewery, I hear they got quite a set up and some damn tasty beverages as well...
Y'know, not to be a race traitor, but I don't like Brooklyn Lager at all! Their lager and other beers are to thick or too sour for me. Also, I think their labels are so ugly, even though Milton Glaser designed them. I'm such a hater!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dogwonder said:
TameApe, you should go tour the Brooklyn brewery, I hear they got quite a set up and some damn tasty beverages as well...
I've always wanted to go there!
I do love their lager.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Tame Ape said:
Y'know, not to be a race traitor, but I don't like Brooklyn Lager at all! Their lager and other beers are to thick or too sour for me. Also, I think their labels are so ugly, even though Milton Glaser designed them. I'm such a hater!
Never had their lager but their Brown Ale gets great reviews and I've tried a couple of the Brewmaster Special Reserve. Garrett Oliver is one incredible brewer!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Ooh, I smell a Hudson Valley road trip. Who's driving the bus??

I'm a fan of their brews :drool: where are they located exactly?
Who the heck are you talking to?

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Best beer ride would have to be Metro-North from NYC to Pleasantville, ride at Graham Hills (one mile from the train station), stop by the Captain Lawrence Brewery in Pleasantville on the way back to the train station, post-ride. Buy growler. Finish it on the train ride home (since, thankfully, consuming alchohol is allowed on Metro-North trains). No driving, good riding, great drinking. Mmm... might have to make plans for that next weekend... ;)

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
jbogner said:
Best beer ride would have to be Metro-North from NYC to Pleasantville, ride at Graham Hills (one mile from the train station), stop by the Captain Lawrence Brewery in Pleasantville on the way back to the train station, post-ride. Buy growler. Finish it on the train ride home (since, thankfully, consuming alchohol is allowed on Metro-North trains). No driving, good riding, great drinking. Mmm... might have to make plans for that next weekend... ;)
I've actually brewed with Scott at Captain Lawrence before. His double IPA is to die for. I need to get back down there some time and pick up another growler.

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
dogwonder said:
I've actually brewed with Scott at Captain Lawrence before. His double IPA is to die for. I need to get back down there some time and pick up another growler.
That Double IPA was our drink of choice the other night at dba with some of the NYCMTB crew. I drank five- about three more than I should have. Work the next day was unpleasant, but the beer was great! ;)

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
hey jamie, next time your in my neck of the woods you need to bring me some of that
They won't let me take open pints out of the bar... ;)

The brewery is a good 50 minute drive north of NYC. You'll have to meet us at Graham Hills for a ride, and take a growler home for yourself!

To bring it back on topic, six of us drove up and rode Stewart today. It was great. Got hit with some rain in the last hour of the ride, but still had a great time. Can't wait to go back and try it in the dry. That place is FAST.

House Man

Chimp
Jun 16, 2006
Orange county NY
I should be up for some XC riding in another week or so , as soon as the ribs heal up, besides Diablo, Stewart has been realy the only place I've been riding. The place is a lot of fun...