Quantcast

STOLEN: 2004 Gold Santa Cruz V10

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
I need help everybody. I walked out into my garage 5 minutes ago and my pride and joy was gone. My 2004 Medium Gold V10 was gone. :( If everybody could keep a look out on the internet or anywhere in the Colorado Springs area I would highly appreciate it. I just got the thing rebuilt and haven't even ridden it yet. It's specced as follows:

2004 Medium Gold Santa Cruz V10 (w/floating brake)
2002 red Rock Shox Boxxer
2004/5 5th Element with 450 Ti coil
FSA Pig headset
Thomson 50mm stem (normal sized bars)
Pro Taper Gold bars
Thomson 30.9mm seatpost
Selle Italia saddle
Hadley hubs front and back
silver D521 rim up front
black RhynoLite XL rim in back
Intense FRO 2.5 tire on front
Intense dualply DH tire on back 2.5
FSA bb
Holzfeller cranks (somewhat rubbed off black paint)
E.13 chainguide
Blackspire 38t ring (4arm)
Sram X.9 midcage derailleur
Sram X.9 trigger shifter
Hayes Mag rear brake (8") Old school mounts (pre74mm)
brake adapter has bolts and nuts on it because they stripped out
Hayes HFX9 (8") front brake
BONZ Gold 2finger brake levers
DK sealed bearing pedals
ODI Clamps and Top Cap are painted metallic red to match boxxer

Here's a few pics I took recently during my rebuild.

I'm seriously in tears right now so if anybody could look out for it I'd really appreciate it. We're contacting the police and insurance right now and I'm gonna go look around the immediate neighborhood and such to see if by some slim chance its there. If so, expect to see a report of me beating the fvcking sh1t out of whoever this damn bastard is. If you're out there on this forum, beware, I will get your fvcking ass sooner or later. :mad:

doc gravity

Monkey
Oct 25, 2004
highlands ranch, CO
Horrible news!!! We could tell how much you loved that bike just by the way you wrote about it. I'll let all the mojo wheels guys, so we can keep a watch up this way, best of luck finding the thief. scott

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Thanks a lot man. I loved that bike more than any other posession I own. I'm glad to hear that such an awesome shop up there will be on the lookout. :)

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
SkaredShtles said:
Hopefully the deductible isn't too huge. :(
Its 1k, but my mom said she'll make it up from her pocket money. (I'm guessing cuz she feels so bad about having me move it from the house to the garage) So hopefully all works out well for me. :)

btw, nice quote in your sig. :D :p

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
COmtbiker12 said:
Its 1k, but my mom said she'll make it up from her pocket money. (I'm guessing cuz she feels so bad about having me move it from the house to the garage) So hopefully all works out well for me. :)
So you used to have it in the house, then your mom made you put it in the garage? That's some quality guilt trip material you got there :sneaky: