Quantcast

Stolen Bike! $250 Reward!

Mar 18, 2004
A Santa Cruz VP-Free, white, size medium bike was
"borrowed" from our store. The serial #0420001155. There are very few of thie model in existence making it very difficlut to ride without being seen (not to mention with a bounty on it). We will pay a reward of $250.00 to the person who retrieves it and offer a bike season pass to the shop or person that turns it in.

Call 530-562-2268 if you have any information. Thanks for your help.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
I will keep my eyes open and pass the info onto other people around the lake. If you haven't already I would suggest putting it on craigslist.org.

Northstar Rep said:
A Santa Cruz VP-Free, white, size medium bike was
"borrowed" from our store. The serial #0420001155. There are very few of thie model in existence making it very difficlut to ride without being seen (not to mention with a bounty on it). We will pay a reward of $250.00 to the person who retrieves it and offer a bike season pass to the shop or person that turns it in.

Call 530-562-2268 if you have any information. Thanks for your help.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
That really blows...is the person that borrowed it the one who stole it? I'm sure you guys ask for ID before renting the bikes..did he/she just rent the bike and didn't return it or was it stolen from the renter? Either it’s foked!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Okay well I saw a white vp free today but because no one named northstar rep decided to actually list anything visibly characteristic on the frame, I had no justification for asking the guy to turn it over and check the serial number. Recovery takes a little effort some times.

Mar 18, 2004
It took me a while to get this. So here's a list of most of the stuff on the vp-free:
Marzocchi 888 fork
5th element coil over rear shock
Avid juicy brakes with 8" polygon rotors
Mavic EX729 rims with Kenda Kinetic stick-e tires, 2.6"
Holzfeller crankarms
Easton stem and Easton riser monkey bars
XT derailleurs
Fi'zi:k (not a typo) saddle on a Thompson post

Yes we do rent them. It wasn't stolen from someone who rented it. We think it might have been an inside job.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Jestere said:
Wow, the problem is that the bike is built with the SC Super-X kit. So there might be other bikes out there just like it.
If I was riding a VP-Free which matched this description and somone came to me and asked "can I please verify the serial number on your bike?"

I wouldn't have a problem with that.