Quantcast

Stolen Bikes

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
Old Town Bicycles in Tacoma had 2 of there bikes stolen. One of them being an 04 18 inch Stinky. If anyone offers to sell you a new stinky really cheap. Please call the guys at OTB 253-573-9400

Thanks

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
It's orange/black one. 6 inch drop off trip, truvativ cranks lx/xt ect. Thanks for keeping an eye out. These guys are good to me so I try and help them out when i can.

p3rider182

Chimp
Nov 15, 2004
umm, i donno, but sorry to barge in, but this seemed liek the appropiet place, i live on mercer island washington, which is right by seattle, this week, sombody stole my BMX bike, its a 2003 haro f3 blue, heres a pic of it

id really liek to get it back, no questions, jsut want my baby back, if anyone has any info, 1-206-930-8290
thanks alot, and if people could help get the word out that would be schweet

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
I saw a new orange black stinky with a drop off triple at SST on saturday! Could've been it! I dunno what the guys name etc. was though!

Nov 14, 2004
W.Seattle
that sucks, but you know you cant turn your back for even a min now adays, at alki bike and board we had a khs dh 100 frame stolen and a k2 disco monkey + a sherman flick fork, people are lookin to steel.

RobinS

Chimp
Nov 24, 2004
OK Here we go:
My XL Black Banshee Scream with JrT was stolen from my place on Capitol Hill
Has a Smith 'S' sticker on the downtube by the bottom bracket... at least it did before it was stolen.
The other thing is the JrT has some scrapes in the left steerer tube up by the lower crown.
Other than that, the thief would've probably already changed the 'Kulshan' and 'Race Face' stickers on the top tube by the seatpost. Maybe not.
Other parts included:
Avid Mechanical Brakes
Race Face NS DH Cranks
Front Alex rim, Rear Arrow 24" rim both with .243 tires
SRAM X-9 Rear Derailleur

Yeah, so if you see a big black Banshee Scream somewhere and you think you could help me get my bike back please send a PM or email.

Just for reference, I've attached an older pic of the bike with different rear wheel and tires.

Thanks for your help

Attachments

RobinS

Chimp
Nov 24, 2004
Yeah,
I'm 6 foot 5.5 inches tall... so when you see a 5 foot 4 inch thief trying to ride my bike it should throw up a red flag.

NECROMONGER

Chimp
Jan 2, 2005
Olympia
Sorry to say this, He should check his buddys, there the last one's you would expect.
Several years ago, Jody and I had a bike stolen from the shop (we used to work at).
Five seconds later, a car killed him. We sold the bike after the cops gave it back to us. He should 've stole a helmete too.

NECROMONGER

Chimp
Jan 2, 2005
Olympia
Sorry to say this, He should check his buddys, there the last one's you would expect.
Several years ago, Jody and I had a bike stolen from the shop (we used to work at).
Five seconds later, a car killed him. :nopity: We sold the bike after the cops gave it back to us. He should 've stolen a skid lid too.

NECROMONGER

Chimp
Jan 2, 2005
Olympia
Several years ago, Jody and I had a bike stolen from the shop we used to work at.
Five seconds later, a car killed him. :nopity: We sold the bike after the cops gave it back to us. He should 've stolen a skid lid too.

theFOOT

Monkey
Feb 22, 2005
nowhere
yeah
a week ago yesterday my blue trek liquid 20 got stolen.
i was in my basement and i wlked into my garage and there were two guys there. i was like whats goin on, and one of them picked up a bat and was like we are looking for your brother, i said he was home, then they started to walk out of my garaghe and i noticed my bike was gone. they said they didnty know where it was. but i kept asking them and the still "didnt know". so they left and then i called the cops. there had to have been a theird guy that stole it a nd booked when i came out of out basement....
bike theives suck

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
I just had my bike stolen from the Robbins Apts. on Queen Anne. 2002 Haro X3, Orange with black trim, sporting a yellow Psylo and an aluminum bashring. If anyone sees it, please let a poor college student know where his bike is, so I can go Rambo on the guys who stole it, after I go Rambo on safety and security for not catching somebody who had enough time to break into the cage and cut the *thick* cable lock (I'm going with a U-lock and chain from now on), while a security camera was trained on them the ENTIRE time from two angles.

RubberSideUp

Chimp
Jan 20, 2005
Here
Capitol hill is a slimey disgusting poo hole that should be leveled and then doused with gasoline and scorched until it is unrecognizable and then, maybe, rebuilt. My god damn rear wheel was stolen off my Ritchey road bike tonight at SCCC. Yeah, I know I should have locked it. Sad thing is I "always" put the u lock through the rear wheel and the frame. Not this time though. They left the front wheel which means that it was someone that needed it for their bike and was too fing cheap to buy their own. I would feel better if it was a crack head who was steeling to feed an addiction or something. No I wouldn't. Anyway, thanks for letting me rant.

RubberSideUp

Chimp
Jan 20, 2005
Here
Two bikes stolen from Montlake Bike shop. At least they had good taste but I guess they usually do.

Santa Cruz VP free - Medium Powder Coat Black with Marzocc 888 and Avid Juicy Sevens and 5th coil

Santa Cruz Heckler X Disc - Large Powder Coat Black with Fox Fork, Full integrated XT kit and 5th coil.

Both bikes are shiny and new. Please let me know if you see anything suspicious. They have no distinguishing marks other than the serial numbers.

Thanks for any help

jordanator62

Chimp
Mar 25, 2005
SW Portland, OR
had a bike stolen out of my hands yesturday across the street from safeway in downtown portland. It is a green specialized 415, with a black solid fork, and wellgo dh pedals. stolen by some bum in a grey jumpsuit, who was swinging a chain with a padlock on the end at me.

jordan

Neal

Chimp
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
Let it be known:

To the bike thieves who broke into my brother's garage in North Vancouver and stole his bikes: I curse you and I curse your generations.

To the man who abruptly cut me off while driving through the Rainier tunnel on my way to work: I curse you as well, although it's much more of a mild curse than that curse which I issued to [invoked on?] the bike thieves.

What I really meant for the bike thieves was say, congestive heart failure, treatable only after being placed on a very long waiting list for specialized cardiac care in an over taxed, socialized healthcare system [ie, certain death].

For you, abrupt lane changer, I only hope you will start your day with less coffee, the intention to indicate your lane change well in advance, a shoulder check or two, and a hands free set on your mobile telephone.

In summary, bike thieves ought to die, and abrupt lane changers should live, albeit with shame, guilt, and reduced social standing.

Thanks,
Neal [G-spot Cove riders Untie!]

Neal

Chimp
Jun 7, 2004
Seattle
Oh, and as an addendum, if the thieves are American, I wish the same congestive heart failure on you. Ideally your inadequate cobra health care coverage has just lapsed, leaving you subject to personal financial ruin and lifelong poverty for both you and your generations.

That ought to repay you in kind for stealing bikes.

[I'm very angry right now. No one should steal bikes. Very bad.]

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
At the local MX shop i(where my friend works for ree and gets discounts and parts)
in buelton (10 min from my house , over the mountain from santa barbara) a KTM 50 worth about $2000 was stolen. Later that night at like midnight he drove to Lompoc (25 min from buelton west) ; on the way he was speeding and pulled over. THe cops found it in the back of his van. PJ (shop owner ) got the 50 back, but he had to replace his big front window.

Denny

Chimp
Aug 27, 2002
Seattle, WA
Hey,
My beloved BMX bike was stolen two years ago, so I doubt it will be recovered. But, since I just scanned the photos, I thought I'd put up a rememberance :)

http://students.washington.edu/dennyt/bike/sta/

It has a unique stem which I designed and made in the machine shop at school (one of my first projects). If you see this stem, pick up the bike and smack the "owner" over the head with it.

It was a Standard STA from 1997 or so, 21", 14mm rear dropouts. Profile cromoly cranks (GT logo), peregrine pedals, kink sprocket, S&M Castillo bars.

Also, I've updated the rest of my bike photo pages (see my sig).

Midget

Chimp
Aug 3, 2003
take a left at the tree
My DK Xenia was just stolen in Corvallis, they cut the lock with a set of bolt cutters on friday. It was in the back corner surrounded by 40 other bikes. So if you see one with an orange OSU sticker at the bottom of the seat tube, PM me.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
I just got my skateboard stolen from the ferry dock on vashon. It is very used. Has Pac-man on the griptape, has cheap, white 56mm wheels. Webb II trucks with some bronze paint on them. So if you see it!

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
I sold my Tirade to a guy here at work and after his first ride he had it stolen out of the back of his truck.
He was in the Skyway area and witnesses said they saw an african american man riding away on a black bicycle.
This was on Sunday afternoon 01/15/06.
Please let me know if you see anything.

Here is a mostly complete spec on the bike
'03 K2 Tirade frame, size large - 4"/5"/6" (21.5" TT, 19" BB to top of seat tube)
'00-'01(?) Rockshox Psylo - 5", 20mm
Tioga headset
K2 seatpost
WTB seat
Answer Protaper bars
Hayes 8" brakes
Truvativ Hussefelt cranks
LX shifters, front derailuer, XT rear derailuer
Sun Singletrack rims, Hayes/Hugi hubs (20mm, 135 QR)
Intense C3 tires

Lots of pictures here

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
trailhacker said:
I sold my Tirade to a guy here at work and after his first ride he had it stolen out of the back of his truck.
He was in the Skyway area and witnesses said they saw an african american man riding away on a black bicycle.
This was on Sunday afternoon 01/15/06.
Please let me know if you see anything.

Here is a mostly complete spec on the bike
'03 K2 Tirade frame, size large - 4"/5"/6" (21.5" TT, 19" BB to top of seat tube)
'00-'01(?) Rockshox Psylo - 5", 20mm
Tioga headset
K2 seatpost
WTB seat
Answer Protaper bars
Hayes 8" brakes
Truvativ Hussefelt cranks
LX shifters, front derailuer, XT rear derailuer
Sun Singletrack rims, Hayes/Hugi hubs (20mm, 135 QR)
Intense C3 tires

Lots of pictures here
Found

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Hey Monkey's....I just had my DH bike and my FR rig jacked out of my garage on Saturday Feb. 11th....

Here's a complete spec list of both bikes...I'll try to attach photos as well. If you see them, please PM me as soon as possible or, better yet, call the Bothell Police department and reference this case number: 06-3104

The police phone number is: (425) 487-5119

Frame 2002 Rotec DH 9
Fork 2002 Marzocchi Monster T
Shock 2003 Fox Vanilla RC w/ PUSH upgrade
Bars Azonic DoubleWall
Stem Titec
Front Rim Arrow DHX 26"
Front Tire Arrow Ramped Bite 2.5" Slow React
Front Hub Hadley 20mm Thru
Rear Rim Arrow DHX 26"
Rear Tire Arrow Ramped Bite 2.5" Slow React
Rear Hub Hadley 12mm 108pt.
Brakes Magura Gustav M F-(210mm) R-(203mm) w/Brake Therapy Floating Arm
Rear Derailleur SRAM X-9
Rear Shifter SRAM X-9 Triggers
Chain SRAM PC69
Seatpost Syncros
Saddle SDG Grand Prix
Headset FSA SkyPilot
Bottom Bracket FSA Utilimax
Cranks Truvativ Holzfeller 4-bolt
Pedals Shimano DX 647
Chain Guide MRP System 1 & Evil SRS Bash Guard
Front Chain Ring Azonic 40T DH Ring
Rear Cassette SRAM PG-960
Grips ODI Ruffian Lock-ons

Frame 2004 Cove G-Spot
Fork 2005 Marzocchi 66RC
Shock Romic D (Red Spring...800lb.)
Bars Answer ProTaper
Stem Truvativ Holzfeller (75mm)
Front Rim Sun SingleTrack
Front Tire Arrow Ramped Bite 2.5" Slow-React
Front Hub Hadley 20mm Thru
Rear Rim Arrow FRX 26"
Rear Tire Arrow Prime Wide 2.3"
Rear Hub Hadley 10mm Thru Axle
Brakes Magura Louise FR F-210mm R-190mm
Front Derailluer Shimano XT
Front Shifter SRAM X-9 Triggers
Rear Derailleur SRAM X-9
Rear Shifter SRAM X-9 Triggers
Chain SRAM PC-59
Seatpost RaceFace Diablous
Saddle WTB Speed V
Headset FSA SkyPilot
Bottom Bracket RaceFace Diablous
Cranks RaceFace Diablous
Pedals Shimano DX 647
Chain Guide E-Thirteen Guard w/ MRP LRP Dual System
Front Chain Rings Salsa 24 & 36
Rear Cassette SRAM PG-970
Grips ODI Rogue Lock-ons

Here are the pics...

The ONLY differences from the pictures of the Rotec is that it now has a 26" on the rear, a Brake Therapy floating arm, and wavy rotors

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Secret Squirrel said:
Hey Monkey's....I just had my DH bike and my FR rig jacked out of my garage on Saturday Feb. 11th....
That sucks G! - hope you get it back...if not, guess you gotta get the new Rotec eh?