Quantcast

Stolen Bikes

Feb 25, 2005
seattle, wa
Be on the lookout for a 20" K2 Biker that was taken out of my car port at 130th & Greenwood in North Seattle:

K2 Biker DJ frame w/ raw finish
Army green S&M Slam Bars
Chrome Haro forks
20" wheels
Chrome Profile cranks

The bike was missing a seat & post at the time of the heist so it should be pretty easy to spot being ridden down the street. If you see it and the individual riding it; feel free to take the law into your own hands.
PM me if you see it around.

Thanks

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
So someone decided to rip off my bike (as well as several others)from the UW today between 3 and 4 pm while i was in school. It is a fairly unique bike so it i am hoping someone might see it around or hear something....

04 black turner rail w/pushed float R
04 all black Z1
321's on black hadleys
race face atlas cranks black
black thomson post and stem
hope mono 4 brakes

$200 reward
david 425 444 1668

Thanks

R

richcreek

RobinS said:
OK Here we go:
My XL Black Banshee Scream with JrT was stolen from my place on Capitol Hill
Has a Smith 'S' sticker on the downtube by the bottom bracket... at least it did before it was stolen.
The other thing is the JrT has some scrapes in the left steerer tube up by the lower crown.
Other than that, the thief would've probably already changed the 'Kulshan' and 'Race Face' stickers on the top tube by the seatpost. Maybe not.
Other parts included:
Avid Mechanical Brakes
Race Face NS DH Cranks
Front Alex rim, Rear Arrow 24" rim both with .243 tires
SRAM X-9 Rear Derailleur

Yeah, so if you see a big black Banshee Scream somewhere and you think you could help me get my bike back please send a PM or email.

Just for reference, I've attached an older pic of the bike with different rear wheel and tires.

Thanks for your help
If you ar talking about capitol hill in DC i will be there from monday till wednessday and will keep a look out

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
davep said:
So someone decided to rip off my bike (as well as several others)from the UW today between 3 and 4 pm while i was in school. It is a fairly unique bike so it i am hoping someone might see it around or hear something....

04 black turner rail w/pushed float R
04 all black Z1
321's on black hadleys
race face atlas cranks black
black thomson post and stem
hope mono 4 brakes

$200 reward
david 425 444 1668

Thanks
FOUND

Just wanted to give a big thanks to the guys at Performance in the U district for the help!!!

As soon as the cops stop picking their *sses I should have my bike back! YEA!!!

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Yesterday at about 3pm 3 black guys stopped my son around 112th and 7th in Everett. They grabbed the bike, grabbed him and physically pulled him and the bike apart, then one proceeded to ride away while the others took off on foot. It's a silver 03 Big Hit Expert with a Jr-T, Arrow tires, black Evil SRS guide (says Evil), Fox Vanilla RC (Pushed) ,SRAM X-7 shifters and rear der, lock ons ....... bla bla. Should anyone run across it or hear anything let me know please. (425)931-1548

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
evilbob said:
Yesterday at about 3pm 3 black guys stopped my son around 112th and 7th in Everett. They grabbed the bike, grabbed him and physically pulled him and the bike apart, then one proceeded to ride away while the others took off on foot. It's a silver 03 Big Hit Expert with a Jr-T, Arrow tires, black Evil SRS guide (says Evil), Fox Vanilla RC (Pushed) ,SRAM X-7 shifters and rear der, lock ons ....... bla bla. Should anyone run across it or hear anything let me know please. (425)931-1548
Bob,

Is your son OK?

:angry: I may be a teddy bear but I would love to get my hands on one of those guys :mumble:

It takes quite a bit to knock me out. ;)

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
evilbob said:

O man sorry to hear it! Keep my eye out on craigslist and pawn shops for ya! I think these guys need to be shown whos boss:redhot:

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Ok found Evil Jr's Big Hit on Craigs List about a week and a half ago. Some kid bought it at a garage/lawn sale for 50 bucks and was trying to sell for 1600 bucks. Some how it went from the 3 guys that took it to a guy in his 40s who sold it to the kid. I e-mailed him and so did Everett PD through Craigs and he responded back with his name, ph# and real e-mail. Quick Intellius search and I had his address for his residential ph# before PD, which they are not allowed to do but I can. I gave the address to the officer I was working with she called him up and showed up at his address while they were talking........busted. His parents knew he bought it, he knew the deal was too good but had to take a chance with it anyway.:nonono: Anyway it's back!:thumb: :thumb: Now to find the guys that took it in the first place, I know where one of them frequently hangs out.......and the guy that sold it for 50 bucks doesn't know it yet but he is about to give up who he got it from along with a whole mess of legal issues he thinks he has been too sneaky about to get caught.......... time to play :sneaky: :evil:

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
I had a gold/black hardrock sport disc stolen in november in Inglewood, WA near sammamish, issaquah area. anybody sees is it was a chubby maybe 15 year old who stole it.

dh gangster

Monkey
Jul 31, 2006
P en Doubleyou
and if you ever go to whistler, a word of advice-

ABSOLUTLY NEVER LEAVE YOUR BIKES IN ANY SORT OF DESIGNATED BIKE LOCK UP. TAKE THEM TO YOUR ROOM. EVEN IF THE BIKE LOCK IS INSIDE THE HOTEL. SECURED BY A KEY. AND THE BIKE HAS LOCKS ON IT. DOESNT MATTER TAKE IT TO YOUR ROOM.

We were stayin up there about 2 years ago when my bro and I got our bikes jacked out of a secured bike lock up with locks on them inside a secure parking lot with keys need to open the gate to the secure covered hotel lot, and keys to get into the bike lock up.

The reason we had themin there is cuz the management said absolutly do not bring them into to room, itll be 1000 dollars or some bull****. So it was probably an inside job.

just bring em into the room and just be careful not to scratch anything or leave a trail of mud and they'll never know or care.

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
dh gangster said:
and if you ever go to whistler, a word of advice-

ABSOLUTLY NEVER LEAVE YOUR BIKES IN ANY SORT OF DESIGNATED BIKE LOCK UP. TAKE THEM TO YOUR ROOM. EVEN IF THE BIKE LOCK IS INSIDE THE HOTEL. SECURED BY A KEY. AND THE BIKE HAS LOCKS ON IT. DOESNT MATTER TAKE IT TO YOUR ROOM.

It seems that if someone wants your bike in Whistler, they'll get it. I heard a story a couple weeks ago of a pro van, or trailer that had a hole cut in the side of it and all the bikes in side were jacked. I have taken to locking my bike to the bike rack at the frame and locking the wheels and frame to the car with two heavy duty chains. I also lock the rack to the car. The idea is that if they want my bike, they're going to have to cut for awhile right at the car making a scene, hopefully. Then I also have my car insurance covering the theft. Not the best, but better than leaving it in a hidden, out of the way lockup. I hope you get your bike back.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
when i was up at whistler in sept, i went in to get my card charged up, and my friend was standing outside watching my bike. He was standing about 15 feet away, and he saw this guy scoping out my bike, and was about to make his move when my friend walked up and stood right next to the bike.

Basically the deal is that Whistler is a THEFT'S DREAM!!!
I would always keep your bike in close watch, as well as being locked up tightly.

Do what Evan says and bring it into the room with you, or leave it on the balcony. You might get some trash from the people at the hotel, but they have usually been cool about it as long as you don't walk in the front entrance with it, and its not super muddy.

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
Ok found Evil Jr's Big Hit on Craigs List about a week and a half ago. Some kid bought it at a garage/lawn sale for 50 bucks and was trying to sell for 1600 bucks. Some how it went from the 3 guys that took it to a guy in his 40s who sold it to the kid. I e-mailed him and so did Everett PD through Craigs and he responded back with his name, ph# and real e-mail. Quick Intellius search and I had his address for his residential ph# before PD, which they are not allowed to do but I can. I gave the address to the officer I was working with she called him up and showed up at his address while they were talking........busted. His parents knew he bought it, he knew the deal was too good but had to take a chance with it anyway.:nonono: Anyway it's back!:thumb: :thumb: Now to find the guys that took it in the first place, I know where one of them frequently hangs out.......and the guy that sold it for 50 bucks doesn't know it yet but he is about to give up who he got it from along with a whole mess of legal issues he thinks he has been too sneaky about to get caught.......... time to play :sneaky: :evil:
steal his car and pawn it off for $50!:bonk:

Jul 8, 2006
Kirkland
This isn't really a stolen bike post, but it had something funny to do with something being stolen. Ok so my friend and I went to go unlock our bikes, and my friend was riding a bmx. So when we unlocked it some lady kept staring at us. So we were a bit creeped, but were like whatever. She keeps staring. Then we were like do you need anything? And she said " Is that your bike?" and we're like "uhh yeaa". The old lady is like " That's a kids bike!" So then my friend was like "No it isn't. If this wasn't my bike then i don't think i would be able to do this". Then he did some tricks. I mean i guess doing that helped in some sort of way. Then she was like " mmm i don't know.....(long pause)....alright then. Like i understand that she was doing the right thing, but would it look like we were stealing bikes, when i unlocked my own lock in like 2 seconds?

Milton Burl

Chimp
Jan 12, 2006
Issaquompton
My buddy Larry had his Red 03' Balfa BB7 Stolen yesterday in the Spokane area. The bike has a Marzocchi Super-T fork and hayes brakes, there arent too many of these still going around so if anyone see's it please call Zeb at 206-617-0572. I am trying to find the serial #, I will post it up tommorow. Thanks for any help,
Zeb

klutch

Monkey
Jan 25, 2007
dirty jersey
dude sorry to hear about it. keep an eye out in your neighborhood that's someone who as watch you so they are probably local.... that totally sucks, Ihope you find it.

rm1

Chimp
Jun 22, 2006
I know you guys dont know me but i just recently moved to snohomish. Well now my bike got stolen so im hoping if you guys see it out there you can get to curb stomping the assholes who stole it. Happy hunting.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
that bike looks really familiar. When and where was it stolen? I could have sworn i saw somebody riding that same bike on the UW campus 2 weeks ago.

edit- i cant be sure, but its not every day that you see a DH bike being ridden around on the streets. PM me or post back.

rm1

Chimp
Jun 22, 2006
Probably not mine. It was stolen feb 28 in snohomish near harvey airfield. Thanks for keeping your eyes open. If anyone happens to get lucky and sees it my email is neil.porter1@gmail.com. Luckly i think my insurance company is going to pay up something for it.

Thanks
Neil

Frorider1

Monkey
Apr 28, 2006
TWO BIKES STOLEN!!!

I just had my 07 RMX Team stolen out of my basement
It is Bright Green, 888 WC all saint components and Fox DHX 5 with a Ti spring on the back. Bike is brand new hasent even been riden yet.

The other bike is a 06 c-dal Chase
Baby blue frame saint cranks saint rear derailer and a rear saint brake.

These bikes arent hard to miss, they were stolen near concord new hampshire so if anyone sees them around PLEASE pm me! The bikes are worth over 9 grand together so im taking a big hit here financially so please be on the lookout.

Frorider1

Monkey
Apr 28, 2006
The RMX was seriously brand new, 3 days old I had to fight my LBS for it considering they have just barely started shipping the 07's out to my LBS's

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
a black and silver yeti hardtail was stolen on the UW campus today. It belonged to Bret Wolfe, an amputee (left leg) who competed in the trans alp xc race. the bike has an 07 fox 36 and blue rollers on the chain guide. Also, it only has one crank so it should not be too hard to spot.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
oh man.... i hate hearing that kind of thing because i'm probably going to bring my P1 to college with me at UW....
does **** get stolen around that area often? Was Bret's bike locked up? I'm espescially surprised to hear that it was actually on the campus... people these days :disgust1:

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
ya, it was locked....if you bring a bike to UW make sure you have couple heavy ass chains an U locks to secure it with. probably #2 bike theft rate anywhere next to whistler. or you can just paint it fugly colors so people think its trash. I would never leave my bike down there except in my room (locked to my bed)

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Unfortunately I have too add to this thread (again) ....:disgust1: :disgust1: :plthumbsdown: :plthumbsdown:

Someone decided to come into my garage and get my DHR off of the hanging wall rack (right next to the car..not sure how they did it)...WHILE WE WERE HOME.

Anyhow..it is a black '05 DHR with an 888 with go-ride integrated stem/crown on front. Hadleys on black 721s and new Michelin tires. XT cranks (different from pic) black e-13, and Hope Ti 6 brake front and rear...

I am the wallingford area, and if the past is any indication..some crack head street kid in the u-district most likely has it ... but it could turn up anywhere....

any info would be greatly appreciated...working on a $$ reward!!

Attachments

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
a black and silver yeti hardtail was stolen on the UW campus today. It belonged to Bret Wolfe, an amputee (left leg) who competed in the trans alp xc race. the bike has an 07 fox 36 and blue rollers on the chain guide. Also, it only has one crank so it should not be too hard to spot.
*UPDATE*

Bret was seen earlier this week at our shop with a sh*t-eating grin on his face and a silver Yeti ht in his posession. I guess whoever jacked it made it a few blocks and must have gotten frustrated trying to pedal with only a non-drive-side crank. The bike was left intact as well. Good deal!

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
Stolen 04-12-07 from house in Shoreline. We think it was earlier in the day.

2006 Kona Lisa RD road bike - It is the smallest size they had (I think).
Basicly brand new, never ridden. Color is a pinkish Red.

2006 Specialized Enduro Expert(?) mountain bike - size large
The only thing stock on the bike was the frame and the fork.
Frame: Specialized Enduro with FOX DHX air - Silver
Fork: FOX 36 Talas RC - brown
Headset: Chris king - red ano
Handlebars: FSA Carbon DH
Brakes: Avid Code (203 rotors) - black
Stem: Hope 90mm x 25.4 - red ano
Seatpost: Thompson - black
Seat: WTB laser(?) Ti rail
Seat Collar: Hope QR - red ano
Cranks: FSA Afterburner Extreme - black
Bashgaurd: E13 Super charger - red lexan (clear)
Rims: Sun/Ringle Single-track 32 hole - black/black spokes
Front hub: Chris king 20mm 32 hole - red ano
Rear hub: Hadley 32 hole QR - red ano
Cassette: SRAM 990 (? - has the ano red cassette body)
Shifters: SRAM X7 rear, SRAM twist shift (grip-shift) front
Derailuers: SRAM X9 rear, Shimano (?) front
Pedals: Shimano DX 636 (old style) - red/black
Tires: Kenda Nevagal 2.35 front, Maxxis Hansventure 2.35 rear
QR Skewers: KORE - red ano
Pictures of the Specialized are before I installed the Avid brakes.