Quantcast

Stolen Bikes

enjoydirt

Chimp
Sep 9, 2007
Seattle WA/ Monterey CA
My house was broken into and this bike was stolen on Sept. 18th

It is a red Santa Cruz Heckler, and it has many distinguishing parts. Since this is grand theft, I will give a cash reward to anyone who gives information leading to the bike's recovery.

Any information is appreciated-
Daniel

dpelikan@redshift.com

Attachments

dbregel

Chimp
Jan 31, 2006
AWESOME NEWS!!!
After I posted this last night we did a whole bunch of searching in the area around my house. A lot of driving slow shining lights around. We found Jenny's bottlerocket!

From there I left a bunch of fliers in the area and another exactly where we found her bike. This afternoon we found my dirtbag in some bushes in front of our house. It wasn't there last night or even this morning. So stoked!!!

The response I have got from these posts was overwhelming.

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!
-drew

Someone (I think my asshole neighbor who I was trying to help today) got into the storage area at my brother's house and took my black dirtbag and jenny's green bottle rocket. Trying to get the word out.

please call my cell at 206 849 8699 with any info

Links to the craigslist postings that I'll try to update with the best info. I'll update them with pics as soon as I can
Jenny's bike
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bik/448596087.html
mint green rockshox domain fork
fox dhx air rear shock
black transition rear wheel
black sun front wheel
hayes brakes
intense lock on grips with tranistion end caps
fsa/gravity external bearing crankset

my d-bag
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bik/448595434.html
Med size frame with black linkage plates
Grey super t pro fork
romic shock
Black transition front wheel
Black sun rinolite rear
Normal cable wear and heavy wear on chain stay
juicy 7 brakes
fsa/gravity external bearing crankset

thanks
-drew

DHRracer

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
Blackdiamond bike shop got a call from Bonney Lake Police dept..They are looking for the owner of a Intense(possibly an M1)red of course.Just passing what I know along.

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
Stolen today from the UBC campus in Vancouver: Electra Jeremy cruiser. Lime green with blue flames. Nexus 3spd internal hub. Really hard to miss this one.

Let me know if you see it show up on Craigslist or anything like that.

boxxerace

Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
@ Japanese Gultch
Hi Friends,

Long time since I was last on. Was linked this and I am certain this is a Hot bike.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/bik/879082348.html

Downhill Bike - $100 (South Everett)

Reply to: sale-879082348@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-10-14, 11:58AM PDT

Downhill bike has had little use, is in great shape. Disk brakes, 26 inch wheels, super front shock, good saddle, strong and sturdy bike.

Good luck, I hope this is recovered by it's rightful owner.

mserko1

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Got stolen a while ago from infront of my dorm at Western Washington University but I figure its worth a shot. Its a pretty one of a kind bike so its easy to spot. Its a dark blue K2 Bumpy monkey with an 03 red Brookly Jr T. Thanks for the help.

angrychicken

Chimp
Nov 29, 2008
PeeNW
It's a long shot, but I'll shoot.

Stolen from Yakima, WA on 11-29-08 off the roof rack on my car. I stopped by to for coffee and to visit family. 10 minutes later my bike was gone.
Giant Iguana
Manitou Forks
Rear Wheel: Redline XCO500 wrapped with Panaracer Smoke Classic
Front Wheel: Sun Rhyno Lite with Continental Petrol tire
Seat: Specialized
Gears: Shimano Deore
Brakes: Linear Tektro with Kool Stop Pads

mwestra2

Monkey
Dec 4, 2007
Hey Y'All,

My Stinky was stolen on Friday. I heard there were sites you could post on to spread the word, and at least make it harder to re-sell! Anybody have any advice?

It was stock except for a few things that would stand out:
  • dent in the down tube -- 1/4 of the way up from the bottom bracket
  • 1 folding 2.5" nevegal and 1 DH wire bead 2.5" nevegal (it's all I had :) )
  • Titec telescoping seat post
  • broken XT rear shifter gear indicator (the silly thing on the shifter that tells you what gear you're in)
  • replaced the coil spring with a 375 lb spring

Specs here:
http://www.konaworld.com/bikes/2k7/STINKYDELUXE/index.html

mattsavage

Chimp
May 8, 2005
Bend, OR
2005 SCOTT HIGH OCTANE - STOLEN OUT OF MY BUILDING IN NW PORTLAND
FIREBALL ME AN EMAIL, YEAHDUDE1976@GMAIL.COM , IF ANYONE SEES ANYTHING... THE 8" TRAVIS SINGLE IS PRETTY RARE, IT HAS SOME SCRATCHES ON THE LEGS DOWN AROUND THE REBOUND KNOB, AND A COUPLE SMALL NICKS ON THE LEFT STANCHION.

2005 Scott High Octane frame, adjustable 1.5" headtube, carbon fiber seat mast,
Manitou Travis 203mm single crown fork 1.5" steer tube
Manitou Swinger 6 way rear shock
Race Face Diablolus x-type cranks
Shimano XT disc brakes with 8" rotors
Mavic 321 wheelset, 20mm front hub, 10mm bolt on XT rear hub
XT rear deraileur, 9 speed long cage, XT 11-34 cassette (or maybe a Sram cassette, i forget now)
Bontrager Big Earl 2" rise bars with a Big Earl 50mm or 70mm (i forget which...) 1.5" stem
FSA Big Fat Pig 1.5" headset
Titec Knock Scoper telescopic seat post
Scott DH seat, big and long with an embossed flame motif thing going on...
Sram 9 spd chain
FSA Chain Pimp chain guide
KENDA NEVEGAL 2.5" DH TIRES
CRANK BROTHERS MALLET PEDALS
FSA 1.5 HEADSET

ctrenc

Chimp
Mar 3, 2005
Bellingham, wa
Sky blue medium frame
fox dhx 5.0 400 spring rear shock
fox float 36 front shock
fsa gravity lite bars
deore shifters, yeti grips
slx front derailleur deore rear
black transition wheel, silver spokes front, black spokes rear
new truvative aka stem 60mm
blackspire chain device, orange pulley wheel
deore LX cranks 175
transition blue pedals
maxxis ardent 2.4 tires

Stoker brakes

Keep an eye out: bike theives suck.

Attachments

lanceamatic

Chimp
Sep 1, 2009
I came across this, and wanted to see it get posted to as many people as possible. if anyone knows anyone with a stolen rig lately, send this to them.

here's the link:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bik/1362039446.html

"I have someone's sick-ass dual suspension mtb. I was walking home through Cal Anderson Park and I saw some dude with a bike that clearly didn't belong to him. After convincing him to sell it to me for less than a fraction of what the bike is worth I knew for sure that someone was missing something very important to them. I've found bikes in that park before and had some shady people email me and try to claim the bikes as their own, so I won't give any details other than that the bike is a dual suspension DH bike. I can tell the bike was built up by the owner and not some fresh of the floor, bought, it at rei, I like to ride some bumpy trails bike. The true owner of this bike could break down every single detail about this bike, so don't waste my time if you think I found your cannondale, or cheap ass GT. If you want this bike back send me a VERY detailed description, I think perhaps the paint was stripped. If not it's an aluminum frame, possibly ball burnished. Someone loved this bike and I want it to get back to it's rightful owner. I had my road bike stolen from me yesterday, so I really want to make sure this baby gets back to it's home."

**note: I don't have the bike, I just saw someone's post on craigslist.

Mossy Mom

Chimp
Sep 18, 2009
My 14 inch Black 2009 Kona Blast was stolen last weekend. I think that is the smallest size they make.

The end of the right pedal is broken off. It has a bell mounted on the handle bar. It has a water bottle cage that has a strap on it to hold the bottle in.

Everything stock except for it has grip shifters.

It was stolen from Shelton Washington. I bought it on September 16, it was stolen from my property.

Policed Report #09-9542. Filed with the Shelton Police Department

http://mosswalks.blogspot.com

Last edited:

swan3609

Chimp
Mar 18, 2008
I Had my 2009 mongoose Bootr team Stolen in Spokane Washington. It was mostly stock but has odi lock on grips, specialized chender rear tire, and a 29 inch bar instead of the factory 28 inch bar.. the right fork leg has 2 deep gouges out of the decals and the rear rim has 2 bigger dents in it. I would be able it ID it in a second if I saw it..

If you see one floating around then Email me at Coolswan3609@hotmail.com

thanks guys.

_enduroPro_

Chimp
May 13, 2007
I live in Renton southeast of Valley Medical Center. Last night my bike was stolen from my garage. We live in a quiet neighborhood on a cul-de-sac. (My wife accidentally left the garage open when she got home from work). It must have been some kid b/c they left their crappy mtn bike laying in the middle of my driveway (now in the possession of the Renton police dept).

It's a brown '06 Specialized Enduro Pro (size Large) with an '07 Fox 36 TALAS w/ Push stickers on it, XT cranks and an e.13 DRS chainguide.

I have attached an older photo of it.

We filed a police report and posted fliers around the neighborhood. I'll be monitoring Craigslist as well.

If anyone sees it, please PM me.

Thanks

Attachments

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
Keep an eye out for the following
White Commencal Supreme, with Fox 40 signed by Gee Atherton

Black Iron Horse Sunday with a boxxer

And a older Giant Glory.

Stolen from the parking lot during awards at the NW Cup finals. I'm sure all will involve some sort of award.

Thanks for being a sleuth.
Scott

RubberSideUp

Chimp
Jan 20, 2005
Here
Hi guys,

We just had a bike stolen from Kirkland Bicycle. It's a custom built Giant STP. Atomlab wheels, Rock Shox fork, Halo skin wall tires, atomlab cranks, single speed.

Huge ass reward if anyone comes across it. Thanks.
Stolen STP.jpg

T.Rex

Monkey
Sep 6, 2004
Pacific Northwest
My Brodie Dissident was stolen from the front of REI in Issaquah; I parked it next to the front door; when I came out it was gone. Please notify Officer Petersen at Issaquah Police Station or send me an email at bmlhollan1@gmail.com or, you're welcome to smack the thief and grab my bike. Yes, there will be a sweet reward if you help me get my bike back.

Bike is yellowish greenish with black letters. Bike has Rock Shox Lyric coil fork, blue Chris King hubs, Mavic rims / wheels built by Zeb Tingey at Big Tree Bikes. Saint Brakes-8 inch rotors, silver Straightline riser bar and stem; Scram shifters. The seatpost is an Easton and it's real scratched up; the saddle came off of a Devinci Frantic. Tires are Maxxis Minions; 2.5 on the front, 2.35 on the rear. It has fun bolts on the rear and a green Salsa seat post clamp. Frame has a dent on the drive side; can't remember if it's on the top tube or down tube; I didn't put it there. Bike has a Rock Shox Pearl rear shock.

Bike is pretty much a one of the kind, there aren't too many of them in the US; it's a Canadian bike. I bought the bike from Simon Lawton at the Fluidride shop in 2007. Bike was my pride and joy and my only source of transportation. Pretty cold blooded to rip and old man's bike; I'll be 66 years old in April. You can call Big Tree Bikes and let Jerry / Zeb know if you see my bike. thanks for looking out; I'll do the same for you.

Dionnep

Chimp
Mar 11, 2012
True Story: Friday night my 2009 Cannondale Mountain Bike was STOLEN from Hjarta Ballard. My locks were cut between 5pm and 7am. Saturday night MY BIKE turned up on Craig's List 2009 Cannondale Rize 4 - $1100 (Seattle) WHITE

I called the Seattle Police Department and they said all they could do was email the CL poster and tell them that the cops know its stolen.

What I am asking is that you pass this on. Make it very hard for this thief to sell my bike. I am positive that it is someone who knows me, because when I announced to my Home Owners Association that I found the bike on CL, the post immediately taken down.

Attached is a picture from camping last year and then the picture the Craig's Lister posted. Please email me for serial number information.

Date: 2012-03-10, 5:31PM PST
Reply to: mrn2c-2895694215@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

2000 CANNONDALE RIZE 4
$1,100.00
Frame Size: Medium
Frame Tubing Material: 6061 T6 Oversize Aluminum w/carbon seatstays
Fork Brand & Model: Fox Float RL, 140mm travel
Fork Material: Aluminum/magnesium, single crown
Rear Shock: Fox Float RP2, 130mm travel
Brakeset: Avid Elixir CR w/160mm rotor brakes, Avid Elixir CR levers
Shift Levers: Shimano LX Rapid Fire
Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT
Crankset: SRAM GXP1, 22/32/44 teeth
Bottom Bracket: SRAM GXP
Rear Cogs: 9-speed, 11 - 34 teeth
Chain: Shimano Nine Speed
Seatpost: Cannondale Alloy, 27.2mm diameter
Saddle: Fi'zi:k Nisene Mg
Handlebar: FSA XC-281AOS Riser
Handlebar Stem: Cannondale XC3
Headset: 1 1/2" Cannondale Orbit Z
Hubs: Shimano M525 disc
Rims: WTB Speed Disc XC, 32-hole
Tires: 26 x 2.10" Maxxis Ridgeline Stolen Cannondale.jpg

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
got my yellow 24" mongoose hardtail stolen. it has a bunch of 661 stickers on the chain stay and has atomlab handlebars. went missing in pullman, wa at the wsu campus. was stolen back in September.

emptyvoxel

Chimp
Mar 18, 2009
Bellingham, WA
File this one under "never thought it would happen to me." While I was away this weekend someone broke into my garage and made off with my bike. I live in the Sunnyland neighborhood in Bellingham.
I custom built this bike exactly how I wanted it, so I'm sure you guys can understand my frustration with it being taken. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated, and monetarily rewarded. I absolutely love this bike.

Frame: 2008 Giant Trance X, Size Medium, Color Silver
Fork: 2011 Fox 32 Talas 150, tapered, qr15, black with white stickers (note: not kashima, old color stanchions)
Shock: Fox Rp2, 7.5x2.0 with offset shock mounts on the top. I would be surprised if anyone has this specific setup on a Trance X around here, as the stock shock is a 7.25x1.75.
Seatpost: CrankBrothers Joplin 3 remote, silver collar
Saddle: WTB Rocket V SLT, silver / black
Seatpost Clamp: Twenty6, red. Bolt-on, not quick release.
Cranks: FSA Afterburner 386, 2x9. Silver, with red chainring bolts. *bling!* This is a 3 bolt crankset, only two bolts are visible on the outside.
Wheels: Mavic Crosstrail
Tires: Schwalbe Hans Dampf, 26 x 2.35, tubeless.
Rear Skewer: DT Swiss RWS
Shifters / Derailleurs: Sram X9
Brakes: Avid Juicy 5
Pedals: Crankbrothers Candy 3, black.
Headest: Top: Cane Creek 110, Red. Bottom: Cane Creek EC44, black. Spacers and top cap are red.
Stem: Easton Haven, black
Bars: Easton Haven Carbon
Grips: Ergon GA1
Bar end plugs: ODI, red, also pretty unique.

Other unique identifiers on this bike:
I have a carbon fiber rock guard installed, which goes from the middle of the downtube to the bottom bracket.
When it was stolen I had a TACX Tao bottle cage on it, and the lower bolt had broken so it was temporarily held on with black electrical tape wrapped around the down tube.
Cable stops were drilled out for full-length cable housing.
Had a Blackspire Stinger chain tensioner installed.

If you see a bike matching this description, feel free to call me or the police.

Thanks,
Michael
(three - six - zer0) tw0-tw0-three tw0-six-zer0-f0ur

Older build, but you get the general idea:

Mostly same build as above:

Here's the new fork and wheels that I put on about 5 months ago: