Quantcast

stomach ache after crunches

azrael

Chimp
Jun 1, 2002
sydney.aust
so i think that the stomach aches ive been getting ususally occur by to doing abdominal excercies. i figured this out becuase i only do crunches once a week, and it just so happens i get the pain at the same time.
my question is, how can i keep doing the stomach exercises if im getting this pain..do i make them more regular?
i cant keep this up cause the pain means i cant eat and it screws up digestion, not too mention the fact that i feel awful for about two days after it starts...help?

toughguymagee

Pretty Boi
Jun 1, 2002
crackhouse down the street
I would suggest talking with your doctor. I can see having muscle pains from doing crunches, but when your stomach actually aches and your digestion starts getting messed up, you might want to consult a professional.

Do you eat beofre your work out? (like an hour or so before) Do you take in fluids? How about your breathing when you are doing your ab work?

azrael

Chimp
Jun 1, 2002
sydney.aust
well, i dont eat straight before, but its not a workout really. just some pilates and strenght stuff for twenty minutes.
i think i might see my doctor, because its awful.

Jan 21, 2002
melbourne, Australia
given that you only do them once a week, your abs are probably not use to that much use. if you've really overdone, it might give you ingestion because your abs are so contracted. my advice is to start off easier and do it at least 3 times a week and then build up reps/time gradually. :)

azrael

Chimp
Jun 1, 2002
sydney.aust
thanks.
i did another set last night, just 50 or so, and i had anti-spasmodics ready just in case... no pain, so in a couple of days ill do another lot and build up from there.
thanks for your help, ill see how it goes.