Quantcast

Stop Sign ticket...

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
Just offer the judge a hand job and a bag of coke. You'll be fine.
f coke prices in so cal are similar to those here, he'll be better off paying the fine.

except he does it for his (and the judges) pleasure, of course. :D

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
How'd this turn out?

As an aside, I've been involved in some local city politics regarding how to (possibly) re-engineer a road to allow for better cooperation between cyclists, pedestrians and cars, and I've found out that the minute you walk into a courtroom the city that issued the ticket starts losing money. The only way that the city is able to "make" money off of you is if you plead guilty and send in your check. It's why they're so eager to bargain it down, because all they want is to avoid a costly court engagement.

Plus (at least in WI) you can *appeal* the judge's decision and ask for a trial with a jury of your peers. That's when the city starts losing MASSIVE amounts of money. I know that I'll be taking a slightly different negotiating tact the next time I'm asked to pay the speeder's tax...

This all came up because one of the suggestions to slow cars down was for cops to write more tickets. The police chief just about came out and stated that if they were to start doing that, the city would have to allocate more money for legal fees, especially if they were to start writing tickets at 30mph (in a 25mph zone) as opposed to 35. Pretty interesting stuff.