Quantcast

Stratos fork users?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by mtnk2biker
Is the location of the brake mount/arch critical or can it be changed somewhat? I got my fork(SS6) used with no manual . I figured that was the reason for having the bolts there in the first place. Can I slide it up 1/4"? Brakes are HS33's so that won't be a problem.

Thanks
Yes you can, but don't over tighten. Here are the torque specs. Clamps 4mm wrench 15 inch pounds, Pivot 9mm wrench 25 inch pounds.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
Yes you can, but don't over tighten. Here are the torque specs. Clamps 4mm wrench 15 inch pounds, Pivot 9mm wrench 25 inch pounds.
Actually give me your email address I'll send you a 2001 manual, it basiclly will pretain to your fork also. At least get you in the right direction.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Just got a used FR4 with my Instigator frame.

Fork is blowing oil when I compress it...do I need to change the wiper seals as well as the main set? Anyone know how much seals are?

The instructions I have cover filling the cart. leg with oil, but don't say how much I need, nor do they give torque specs for any bolts. Anyone know?

Also, how do I fill the air assist leg with oil? How much?

I appreciate the assist in advance...

Mike

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by MikeD
Just got a used FR4 with my Instigator frame.

Fork is blowing oil when I compress it...do I need to change the wiper seals as well as the main set? Anyone know how much seals are?

The instructions I have cover filling the cart. leg with oil, but don't say how much I need, nor do they give torque specs for any bolts. Anyone know?

Also, how do I fill the air assist leg with oil? How much?

I appreciate the assist in advance...

Mike
PM me with your email address I'll send you the samething.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
(thanks for all the help so far...but....)

How the HECK do I fill the air leg with the requisite 50ml of ATF????

The hole is so tiny...nothing can be poured through it! I'd need a horse syringe or something. The manual just says to pour the oil in! What to do, what to do?:help:

Mike:confused:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by MikeD
(thanks for all the help so far...but....)

How the HECK do I fill the air leg with the requisite 50ml of ATF????

The hole is so tiny...nothing can be poured through it! I'd need a horse syringe or something. The manual just says to pour the oil in! What to do, what to do?:help:

Mike:confused:
Did you unscrew the top cap to fill?

Jan 15, 2002
Suburban MA, USA
In response to the oil in the dummy (air) leg on an FR4. You can pull the stantion completely out of the slider, while the bleed screw is still in the bottom of the dropout. Then put the stantion back in. When you compress the stantion into the slider, the seal will hold the air (because the stantion is sealed at the top and bottom) and will pressurize the chamber.

Don't remove the top cap and add oil. It'll just get trapped in the slider as the bottom of the slider has a plastic cap on it, which seals it.

In terms of the oil leakage, I had the same problem after I added too much oil and it blew through the seal and got between the seal and dust seal. It would weep past the dust seal leaving aoil on the slider. I checked through my discussion on the topic w/ Randolph @ Stratos (since left the company) and was assured that it will go away as soon as the oil trapped between the seals is gone.

Hope this helps.

Couch-