Quantcast

Stratos S7 spares.

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
Hi. Ive been away from mountainbiking for a few years and have not really been keeping up to date with what happens in the mtb world.

Ive noticed alot of fuss going on around Stratos though. Seems they are no longer in business, and that Specialized might have a finger in why.

Either way, ive been dusting off some spare stuff ive had, and was thinking of building up my old GT Lobo with my Stratos S7 fork.

It has good seals and stuff as it is, but i was looking to upgrade with heaviers springs as ive put on a few kilos since last using it.

Ive been searching the web, but cant seem to find anything other than threads discussing the bankruptcy (if indeed they went out of business), so i was hoping someone here might know if there is a place that might have springs and seals and such laying about.

Would apriciate any help or input anyone could give me on this subject.

Also, if anyone knows what kind of surface treatment they used on the old S7 id apriciate info on that too. Been trying to polish it for a polished "chrome"-style finish, but nothing touches it. as it is now its a matt aluminium surface look.

Thanks for any help and input on these subjects!