Quantcast

Strip club owners asking patrons to vote!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
ELOIT, Wis. - Patrons at about 75 Wisconsin strip clubs are being asked to forget about the barely dressed, gyrating dancers long enough to register to vote. Club owners are posting signs, handing out forms and even providing envelopes and stamps - anything to get customers to register. And some club-goers are listening...

Check out the full article >>

My favorite line is near the end:
Edward "Butch" Woller, a 53-year-old retiree from Beloit, said he hadn't voted in nearly 20 years and appreciated the convenience of registering at the place he visits four to five times a week.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
Originally posted by Full Trucker
ELOIT, Wis. - Patrons at about 75 Wisconsin strip clubs are being asked to forget about the barely dressed, gyrating dancers long enough to register to vote. Club owners are posting signs, handing out forms and even providing envelopes and stamps - anything to get customers to register. And some club-goers are listening...

Check out the full article >>

My favorite line is near the end:

so do ya get a free lap dance or anything when ya do? at least a discount, c'mon now :cool: :D

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Wisconsin Republican Party spokesman Chris Lato said party leaders had not heard of the effort, but the clubs need not worry.

"I'm not sure the president is deeply concerned about strip clubs, necessarily," he said. "The effort to register voters, that's welcomed. That's a good thing. That's certainly an audience or constituency that's not necessarily been targeted in the past. But I would question the motives here. This is a group with a political agenda. These folks are getting propaganda from the left."
GASP! A political agenda! How dare they! Those sneaky propaganda spewing left wingers... :rolleyes:

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
Good for them! Get them voters!

In Australia, I believe you get taxed if you don't vote...

I thought that was pretty good incentive.

Strippers, that's even better!:D

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Originally posted by MudGrrl
Good for them! Get them voters!

In Australia, I believe you get taxed if you don't vote...

I thought that was pretty good incentive.

Strippers, that's even better!:D
You get fined $150 aus i believe, yep.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Looking for a random thread to necro(sis)-bump, and considering Nov. 6th is right around the corner I’m bumping this one. I hope all y’all are registered to vote, and are gonna vote. Thing is, the key to voting is getting registered... and you should do that now. And if you think you're registered, you should check and make sure. I have seen a few anecdotal accounts of friends who checked their voter registration to find out they were inactive, despite having been registered for years. It only take a few minutes out of your day, and voting is super important. And to help you out, attached is a link to a handy sheet of all voter registration sites for all states in the country. You have no excuses now. Do it do it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dgy1EOCefqPlsMEuKWMg3KzprRKtWUAU1yLgyoBw9bU/htmlview#gid=0

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Bunch of states are purging (yeah Republicans!): Nevada, Georgia, Texas are the most notable.

Go check that you are still registered!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Customers at strip clubs in many states are already registered republicans...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Down in Madison (Wisc.) some of the pub's give you a free beer if you vote.

Mmm...free beer....
milwaukee too. if you have your I Voted sticker you can pub hop all day & literally get trashed on free pints. I know cuz I have done it.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Looking for a random thread to necro(sis)-bump, and considering Nov. 6th is right around the corner I’m bumping this one. I hope all y’all are registered to vote, and are gonna vote. Thing is, the key to voting is getting registered... and you should do that now. And if you think you're registered, you should check and make sure. I have seen a few anecdotal accounts of friends who checked their voter registration to find out they were inactive, despite having been registered for years. It only take a few minutes out of your day, and voting is super important. And to help you out, attached is a link to a handy sheet of all voter registration sites for all states in the country. You have no excuses now. Do it do it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dgy1EOCefqPlsMEuKWMg3KzprRKtWUAU1yLgyoBw9bU/htmlview#gid=0
supposedly colorado is the safest state to vote in out of all states....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
supposedly colorado is the safest state to vote in out of all states....
Odd, given that our current Secretary of State (and Colorado Springs resident!) has been involved in some solid Grade B shenanigans in the past. (not mentioned in this article is the fact that the young woman involved also happens to attend the same church as Williams)

He also decided to send voter information to the stasi "voter fraud investigation" group formed by Mango Mussolini several years later.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Odd, given that our current Secretary of State (and Colorado Springs resident!) has been involved in some solid Grade B shenanigans in the past. (not mentioned in this article is the fact that the young woman involved also happens to attend the same church as Williams)

He also decided to send voter information to the stasi "voter fraud investigation" group formed by Mango Mussolini several years later.
it was something i saw in passing on the news....not even sure of the channel......faux/cnn/msnbc....?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I have no idea if my ballot showed up, but my new skis did. :monkeydance:
Whatchu get?

I'm trying to figure out a pair of not-so-fat skis I can 50/50 inbounds and tour on, probably with Salomon Shifts. Problem is that I like heavy, damp, smashy stuff which isn't conducive to the touring part of the program. :think:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Whatchu get?

I'm trying to figure out a pair of not-so-fat skis I can 50/50 inbounds and tour on, probably with Salomon Shifts. Problem is that I like heavy, damp, smashy stuff which isn't conducive to the touring part of the program. :think:
Black Crows Atris, gonna put Shift binders on ‘em. Not the lightest for touring, but my previous setup had frame bindings so this will be lighter overall and more better even though the ski is a bit heavier than the last ski (Rossi Soul 7).

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I've got a pair of Bilzzard Bodacious' with Wardens and BD Carbon Megawatts with Radical 2.0s. I'd just like a skinner ski for days when that makes sense.