Quantcast

striped bass

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
this fish tastes so good i'm tempted to fish for it myself...finally got my first wild bass of the season from a fish market tonight....wow! they only had 0.5 lb so i got some patagonian toothfish to go w/ it. made a 'salsa' of chopped tomatoes, arugula, basil, a bit of thyme, and the juice of one lemon and EVOO. S&P too. topped the fish, after my typical cooking method (pan-sear in a skillet for ~6 min, then transfer to 350F for another ~6 min).

steamed broccoli and sliced tomato w/ some tuscan wheat bread on the side. frog's leap chardonnay completed the picture.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I've only seen it on the dock once this season so far, tasty. Been catching loads lately but all just below the minimum 28" length. September's cooler temps bring the big ones into shore so you should see more in stores soon, especially once the commercial season opens up. If I get a monster haul I'll save one for you, cheeks and all.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dan-o, i'm booked for the next 2 weekends but give a shout if you want to hit highlands or other venue for some DH action.

and i'd love a filet o' bass... damn is that stuff tremendous.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
We pack 'em in Old Bay & rock salt and cook 'em on the grill with lemon and butter all rolled up in tinfoil. I have always caught a limit near the Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Station flats while trolling and my record to date is a 38"er. Charter boats based off Solomons Island have always done the trick well enough for me.