Quantcast

stunt trails

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
I race DH, and I would really like to learn to ride shore-style stunts. Could anyone point me towards some trails with easy stunts, other than St. Ed's/Finn Hill? I live in Woodinville, so somewhere in King County would be ideal. Also, I heard about some stunt trails being built in Seattle (not the I-5 park). Have any of you ridden there?

freeriding101

Monkey
May 11, 2004
Anacortes WA
i live in anacortes and there is nothing here with north shore stunts, i wanna try them but first i have to find them please help me some kid built some in his front yard and there like 2 feet high and really gay i want something thats not insane but not small like between oh i dont know. along with directions could you give a idea of what your stuff is like imm new to ns riding and dont intend on f***ing myself up my first time.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by freeriding101
i live in anacortes and there is nothing here with north shore stunts, i wanna try them but first i have to find them please help me some kid built some in his front yard and there like 2 feet high and really gay i want something thats not insane but not small like between oh i dont know. along with directions could you give a idea of what your stuff is like imm new to ns riding and dont intend on f***ing myself up my first time.
you could always ride the 2 ft tall ones, but just pretend you're really high off the ground... :eek:

actually, riding on curbs (curbs without sidewalks, that is) is a great way to "train" for skinnies. and they're, what, 5 inches off the ground?

freeriding101

Monkey
May 11, 2004
Anacortes WA
the anacortes shop HAHA i laugh, that place is filled with old XC dudes with specilized epics, they dont know jack about the "good" trails in anacortes

Fast&Smooth

Monkey
Jun 24, 2002
Bothell, WA
the anacortes shop HAHA i laugh, that place is filled with old XC dudes with specilized epics, they dont know jack about the "good" trails in anacortes
It was for tully. I dont even know where anacortes is.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
A big percentage of the riders here with what you would percieve as having "mad skills" are old XC dudes. Personally i'd love to check out those XC trails you have up there i hear their pretty cool......

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
POOP its all just a bunch of POOP:mad:

why should anyone give you directions anywhere man with the attitude you are giving people that are trying to give you some suggestions. also a lot of old xc dudes kill the skinny stuff too ive seen it. just remember that they have probably spent waaaay more time on their bikes than you have

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Originally posted by biggins
why should anyone give you directions anywhere man with the attitude you are giving people that are trying to give you some suggestions. also a lot of old xc dudes kill the skinny stuff too ive seen it. just remember that they have probably spent waaaay more time on their bikes than you have
the majority best skinny riders I know are all ex-xc racers or current xc racers. They have a knack for keeping their bike going in a straight line without even worrying about it :)

roscifer

Chimp
Mar 14, 2004
Bellingham
Originally posted by Skookum
A big percentage of the riders here with what you would percieve as having "mad skills" are old XC dudes. Personally i'd love to check out those XC trails you have up there i hear their pretty cool......
actually those old xc dudes in the shop that he's referring too really don't know jack about the current state of biking :D My friend managed to talk 'em out of a brand new p3 for under $400

Having ridden around anacortes, i am curious as to what are considered the "good" trails.

freeriding101

Monkey
May 11, 2004
Anacortes WA
the xc riders at my shop are not the kind of ppl that ride skinnes, i know that for a fact, they told me the stuff "you kids" r doing now is crazy, the jump the drops and the north shore stuff, sorry bout the attitude though i was be sarcastic

freeriding101

Monkey
May 11, 2004
Anacortes WA
the xc guys know a lot of the xc trails which are nice but r getting boring to me, its fun to do them every once in a while but i want to find some downhill or skinnies to ride. i went with a friend from seattle and he only showed me on long line of switch backs and he has ridden here for a long time compared to me. or the xc riders at the shop.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
the xc riders at my shop are not the kind of ppl that ride skinnes, i know that for a fact, they told me the stuff "you kids" r doing now is crazy, the jump the drops and the north shore stuff, sorry bout the attitude though i was be sarcastic
it's all good, there's alot of rider's who used to be roadies and if they're all about the cardio well then good for them. But if they're dissin people just because they like adreneline and gravity, well then that's their problem. Hopefully mt. bikers can get to a point where there's mutual respect instead of doggin each other for inequities and insecurities. There's plenty to learn from any ole mt. biker whether he's an old dog or a newb or if he hucks off cliffs or rides up cliffs.
Now i'm gonna stop before i make myself puke with all this sentimentality.:p ;)

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Drop me a PM, we've been building some sick sh!t and I'm happy to have others come up and session with us.

All that we ask is that you respect the trail, the stunts, fix what you fug up, and take your trash when you leave.

Other than that, "it's aaaall good"! ;)

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Thanks man,

I live in Puyallup. I've been working hard building it for some time now but it's hard to haul lumber and supplies mainly by myself. I have a good friend who's helped build a couple of things and another who did the bridge ride to the left of my new drop but that's about it. It's no exit 27 by anymeans but its fun, and close. Gets me outside and being outside is where its at.

Drop a pm sometime, I'd be happy to show ya around.

~Josh