Quantcast

Stupid things one should never do, but...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ride a bike two weeks after separating your shoulder.

Ride down the steepest chute of a trail in the area, at night, in the rain and on top of a foot of leaves.

Drink about tree fiddy beers and then climb the wall of a hill from the camp site at Raystown Lake....

I guess depending on how you look at it, maybe riding bikes through the trees is just stupid in general, but.........:busted:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I rode Farlow gap knowing that my rear brake did absolutely nothing. One of the gnarliest trails in the US and I rode it without a functioning rear stopper. Without a doubt one of he dumbest things I have ever done on a bike. No way in Hell would I do that again. That was some seriously stressful descending.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I rode Farlow gap knowing that my rear brake did absolutely nothing. One of the gnarliest trails in the US and I rode it without a functioning rear stopper. Without a doubt one of he dumbest things I have ever done on a bike. No way in Hell would I do that again. That was some seriously stressful descending.
Pffft. I took a bike on a Burro in Peru up to 16,000ft. They severed the rear brake line. It was a 12,000 ft (or something)descent with just a front brake, on gnarly-ass inca trails.
I lived...barely

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Ride one of the steeper trails around here in crazy loose conditions with no knee pads, while learning to ride clipless.

That was dumb.

I blame big-ted.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
as a whole country.......vote for 535 people who need to be trained on how to act like adults.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
New bikes for all teh monkies!!!
Well I have to keep those monies in Canada or pay the insane taxes on it... I told the guy at Scotia bank I wanted to buy a Cottage. He was like a fly on shit and just so happens to know a very annoying real estate person who specializes in Cottages. Your bike dollars are silly. The bike dollar goes way farther here in the States...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well I have to keep those monies in Canada or pay the insane taxes on it... I told the guy at Scotia bank I wanted to buy a Cottage. He was like a fly on shit and just so happens to know a very annoying real estate person who specializes in Cottages. Your bike dollars are silly. The bike dollar goes way farther here in the States...
Don't worry, I can hold onto it for you. For free.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
While putting together your dealing crews, realizing you have a busy roulette game, and only ONE roulette dealer for 2 hours, because like a dumbass, you let the other 3 go home on time...

(ok, not bike/food/drink related, yet funny, if you were there)

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
took a piss after handling some jalopenos.....about 10 seconds later i was like something ain't right...
Well my balls were not happy with me but it's still better than a friend who did exactly what you did after cutting something really hardcore and the guests were in house. He had to shout so his wife would come to the bathroom and pour milk on his dick.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
I lended my family money. More then once. I have never seen any of it.
this is something i find very odd. always heard that, but its very far from my experience.

i have been on both ends of 5-digit family loans (sibblings/mom/dad); and never had an issue. my whole family would probably disown any of us if we tried to stiff each other out of money.

there is a tacit understanding that loans are not for risky businesses or regular expenses.
if you need a loan for a regular expense, you dont need a loan, you need a bailout/gift.