Quantcast

Stupid things one should never do, but...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
this is something i find very odd. always heard that, but its very far from my experience.

i have been on both ends of 5-digit family loans (sibblings/mom/dad); and never had an issue. my whole family would probably disown any of us if we tried to stiff each other out of money.

there is a tacit understanding that loans are not for risky businesses or regular expenses.
if you need a loan for a regular expense, you dont need a loan, you need a bailout/gift.
My family is mostly Criminals and Jailbirds. I suspect yours is not. I took my cousins to court and sued the fuck out of them. I won. They will be paying me off per the court order for the next 22 years. I also evicted them from the house they squatted in for 4 years. I took possession of all the assets they bought with my loaned money and sold them at auction. They don't have a pot to piss in. No cars to get to work. No support on my part for their children's educations. No Jobs because I closed down their dépanneur and sold it. I sold my cousin Phils Harley and gave it to his enemy for $100, a chunk of Hashish and a case of Kokanee. As soon as I sell his truck, trailer, and 4 wheeler. I will be done with him. I let him keep his boat. He will just have to find another place to keep it now.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
My family is mostly Criminals and Jailbirds. I suspect yours is not. I took my cousins to court and sued the fuck out of them. I won. They will be paying me off per the court order for the next 22 years. I also evicted them from the house they squatted in for 4 years. I took possession of all the assets they bought with my loaned money and sold them at auction. They don't have a pot to piss in. No cars to get to work. No support on my part for their children's educations. No Jobs because I closed down their dépanneur and sold it. I sold my cousin Phils Harley and gave it to his enemy for $100, a chunk of Hashish and a case of Kokanee. As soon as I sell his truck, trailer, and 4 wheeler. I will be done with him. I let him keep his boat. He will just have to find another place to keep it now.
I think it's a cultural difference and I may be talking out of my ass but family bonds are stronger in Alexis country than in the US since it used to be the same in Poland up until the last 10 years where everyone drank the free market cool aid and gave the middle finger to everyone they know.

Funny story my fiancee needed a loan from her father to finish her flat but since he is a tax inspector he signed a contract with her and set up a clear payment plan.

On the other hand with criminal/jailbird family I'm surprised you helped anyone in my family. My family used to be like that. I'm 2-3 deg of separation from that part of my family but I still get screwed by some of them including my mother dropping a loan on me on Christmas because she can't pay it (which means it's inconvenient for her after being in the upper class for 20 years) or changing her name for no damn reason and not telling me so it took ages to renew my passport and barely making it for a big work trip (the boss would love the story of me not going because my mom does't like her old name)