Quantcast

Sturtevant w/ SGIII - big pix

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Well, my bud SGIII was in town from FL (which should stand for Flat Land). He wanted to see some SoCal stuff. The Zoke boys treated him to some Simi Valley free ride, so I took him to the east side of town. We hit Sturtevant last Sunday.

The conditions were heavy mist and some light rain. The climb up was fine for me, but SGIII had some troubles with it, hence the pix of him pushing. The bomb back down was awesome. For as many hikers as you see on the way up, you rarely see them on the way back down. The lower part of this trail is filled with fun corners and rock lined hiking paths. The rain had knocked leaves from the trees, covering the monkey-fists and baby-heads with a nice thick layer wet slippery goodness. I managed to hit a leaf-covered rock and flew OTB into an ivy patch, sliding head first like I was body surfing a wave. I laughed hard once I figured out I was OK.

We tried to pull a few more riding pix, but the lighting made it tough to get anything under the tree canopy or out in the mist. Regardless, it was good to see an old friend and ride the trail in a condition I don't usually get to ride it in (when does it ever rain in SoCal?).

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
yeah boyeeee!
the shades are prescription, so i wear them wherever i ride (except the night rides).

anyone care to comment on the fact that my green shorts don't match the green helmet? we are fashion gimps :imstupid:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
thanks man. i love that shot too. i was trying to find a way to get a riding shot with that background, but there is no trail near there. it is all thick ivy and shrubs on a hill. any bike would have been handlebars deep in greenery.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
8 pics at the top of the page.
one or two are of me and my boy. i'd say at least 5 of those qualify as "trail shots" aside from us posing for buddy pix. what more do you people want?