Quantcast

Subaru beats Citroen/Loeb in sardinia

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Subaru is ahead of Citroen in Itally by 2;00 minutes! I just found this out, awesome, i need to order speed TV. I was afraid the French government :eviltongu would win the rally, but looks like Subaru is catching up. Full story at www.rally-live.com

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Subaru's have always kicked major ass.......Not so much in the rallies, but oh man, I drove a wrx( or was it sti? :think: ) the other day :drool:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
i own a 96 turbo, it rocks, I love taking it on dirt roads... and the original owner was none other than DEMI MOORE, i have to drive it back from sun valley to CT this spring tho, 215+ thousand miles and only a leaky power steering hose and some bent wheels. :-)

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
chicodude: the STi is a WRX

you would know it by the little pink letters that say STi, and the steering wheel says "MOMO"

and Scoobies OWN rallies, Petter Solberg's record:

2003 - World Rally Champion
2002 - 2nd Drivers' World Rally Championship
2002 - First WRC Win - Rally of Great Britain
2000 - Signed to Subaru World Rally Team

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
MudGrrl said:
chicodude: the STi is a WRX

you would know it by the little pink letters that say STi, and the steering wheel says "MOMO"

and Scoobies OWN rallies, Petter Solberg's record:

2003 - World Rally Champion
2002 - 2nd Drivers' World Rally Championship
2002 - First WRC Win - Rally of Great Britain
2000 - Signed to Subaru World Rally Team

I wasnt payin much attention to the outside.......But it did have tha momo steering wheel. It was fast.....I gotta get one :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
yeah, but does that 300 hp air scoop feed anything? and take away that fake wing, yuck!

BillT

Monkey
While I can agree with you about the wing (it is a bit too excessive), the hood scoop is 100% functional. Right below the scoop is the intercooler for the turbo. Without that intercooler, boost levels would have to be much, much lower and horsepower would significantly reduced.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
the wing as well as looking beautiful, has aerodynamic purposes.

but what get me is why they put the intercooler on TOP of the engine, everybody knows heat rises and its gonna get damn hot under.
they must have good reason to put it there though, maybe it has something to do with the enormous amount of piping you would need for a front mounted intercooler which i'd imagine would increase lag quite significantly, or maybe engine bay space, i've seen under the hood of a WRX and well its not exactly spacious, sardines in a tin come to mind, the intercooler is jammed in there as it is, but i dont know, just thinking.

but bottom line here is imprezas kick ass!!!
especially 22B's one of which inhabits a drive way down the road for me, i here that thing everyday, gives me a tingle everytime i here that rumble of the boxer engine.

ahbrooks

Chimp
Dec 30, 2003
ca/ct
solberg has won the last three rallies in a row. he's a fiend, and the pirellis have massive gravel grip compared to the michelins. i still like michelins for bicycles, though.

ahb.