Quantcast

Sugar and Beech Mtns?

freshwire

Monkey
May 24, 2007
Roanoke Virginia
Getting ready to hit up the National Champs at Beech in Sept...but want to get in some DH while I'm down there...assuming the Beech track is just for racers...isn't Sugar close enough to ride there Sat. then head to Beech Sun. for the Race???

Haven't been to Sugar in years...I remember a slow lift. a small mtn...but gnarly as hell trails with some fun features...website says lift access still happening there...any trail improvements or additions??

THanks!

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
Getting ready to hit up the National Champs at Beech in Sept...but want to get in some DH while I'm down there...assuming the Beech track is just for racers...isn't Sugar close enough to ride there Sat. then head to Beech Sun. for the Race???

Haven't been to Sugar in years...I remember a slow lift. a small mtn...but gnarly as hell trails with some fun features...website says lift access still happening there...any trail improvements or additions??

THanks!
There only about 10 minutes apart. If you haven't been in years then you owe it to yourself to get there and ride. Lift access will be shut down by Labor Day I believe so you will need to shuttle which is just as well, you'll get more runs.

freshwire

Monkey
May 24, 2007
Roanoke Virginia
Sweet! Thanks for the info. Looking forward to hitting it up now...and I don't think I'll miss that painfully slow lift! Do they still have that jump across the stream? That was fun. I heard the bull dozed the big table top at the bottom...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering

THanks!
The 44 Days and Rolling guys have a great sample of NC High Country DH in a vid on Pinkbike. It's got lots of Sugar clips and plenty of Wilsons Creek. Go now.:thumb: