Quantcast

Sugar race

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
That is the EXACT reason why I haven't put any races on as well as why Joey hasn't allowed any either. He, as well as the rest of us were very dissappointed with how the past Windrock races have gone off.
For what it's worth Doug, I had absolutely no problem with how the Windrock race was run...Maybe no ski lift, but the truck worked fine...Plus, it's hard to beat the loud speaker Freewill Baptist Church sermon, the "unique" individuals on 4 wheelers, and the best DH course in the SE...Seriously, it may not have been a professionally operated event, but it was fun nevertheless...

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
jackalope said:
For what it's worth Doug, I had absolutely no problem with how the Windrock race was run...Maybe no ski lift, but the truck worked fine...Plus, it's hard to beat the loud speaker Freewill Baptist Church sermon, the "unique" individuals on 4 wheelers, and the best DH course in the SE...Seriously, it may not have been a professionally operated event, but it was fun nevertheless...
Thanks for the props it was alot of work. :thumb:

And for the others:

Look, last year was our first year and we put on TWO events featuring XC, mtnx, and DH. The turn out was wack and the whining was hilarious so why bother sweating through all that crap. We get more shredders on a given weekend than any race we could have up there.

In the future the racing will probably be expert and up since we really don't have a sport or beginner course.

marinate on that.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
jackalope said:

Yep, I wish we could have a whole series up there.
I always have a blast there.
Having races there though will have to be "racer run" type races for the simple fact that turnout is going to be low because not everybody wants to race there. But as long as you know that coming in.....it Saul Good.
Windrock ain't for everybody.
I just want to race around here period.

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
Yes let us race!! Ben, Doug anyone else want to race at Mo'town on Saturday after Sugar? Are they still running the evening schedule?

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
ztlh13 said:
Yes let us race!! Ben, Doug anyone else want to race at Mo'town on Saturday after Sugar? Are they still running the evening schedule?
Most likely I'll race BMX over sugar.

Flame on

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
spoke80 said:

And for the others:

Look, last year was our first year and we put on TWO events featuring XC, mtnx, and DH. The turn out was wack and the whining was hilarious so why bother sweating through all that crap. We get more shredders on a given weekend than any race we could have up there.

In the future the racing will probably be expert and up since we really don't have a sport or beginner course.

marinate on that.
what you need to do is have 2 classes, Open and Amateur. If you need insurance, just turn results into NORBA in regular class format, but at registration only have the 2 classes.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
bizutch said:
what you need to do is have 2 classes, Open and Amateur. If you need insurance, just turn results into NORBA in regular class format, but at registration only have the 2 classes.
Great idea! But I feel that WE all need to get involved to build, promote, and run a series together instead of separately. The way I see it that is the best way to share the load and focus on fun events at the venues we can count on. I would imagine that between a couple of us we could give the south a series that people want to race. :thumb:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
really...to me it appears that DH'ers are just a bunch of whiny little complainers not happy with anything they get. I'm starting to re-think putting on a DH event next year after reading this stuff. Starting ot think Dave Leikam and Mike Huffman had the right idea after all.

jmtf40

Chimp
May 30, 2005
spoke80 said:
Nope, I'll be working for the man. Is there practice on Saturday and what up with the upper super xtremeo section?
yeah, what's up with the new section at the top Bizutch?

I e-mailed sugar awhile back in favor of the new upper section, but never heard anything.
Either way I'll be there, (the original course is good anyway)

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
spoke80 said:

And for the others:

marinate on that.
Hey, I thought the 4X races went down great, except for the rain out of the first one. That couldn't be helped. That track is worth the walk back up. Even though my daughter crashed and burned at the final she is anxious to get back up there for some revenge on Bigfoot. She's got a good bike under her now and she's dying to race it. My whole family is dying to race some 4X right now.
I hear Maxxis has the money set aside for a southeast series. They are just waiting for someone to step up.

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
Peete said:
Hey, I thought the 4X races went down great, except for the rain out of the first one. That couldn't be helped. That track is worth the walk back up. Even though my daughter crashed and burned at the final she is anxious to get back up there for some revenge on Bigfoot. She's got a good bike under her now and she's dying to race it. My whole family is dying to race some 4X right now.
I hear Maxxis has the money set aside for a southeast series. They are just waiting for someone to step up.
We really need to try and get everyone together and figure out something for next year. I'm sure Cane Creek would be interested also, especially since they seem to pushing dh/mtx w/ herndon.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
bizutch said:
Here is the schedule...and for once, everybody (who is registered) should just shuttle for practice on Saturday morning.
werd. so where exactly is the shuttle road and will my superhero minivan make it up? my wife should be available to drive for shuttles, we plan on being there by 8.

tgaines72

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Knoxville, TN
The $5,000 expert winnings is worth giving it a go. Plus a season pass. I wish I could make it. But I don't even have a downhill bike right now, and I had surgery on my hand recently so I'm out.
Have fun, and I'm curious to hear a course report. Sounds like Sugar would be a fun place to ride.