Quantcast

Sugar this weekend

SwitzerDH

Chimp
Aug 30, 2010
New Bern, NC
Weather looks good for Saturday. Anybody want to do some shuttling? We can use my truck...so gas on me. let me know because i will be coming from the coast Friday night. Doesnt have to be sugar. I just need from DH runs.

Sugar_brad

Monkey
Jun 20, 2009
Just a reminder the lift at Sugar is running this Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat and Sun. If there is a decent number of riders and we stay together we will run the lift faster.

Sugar_brad

Monkey
Jun 20, 2009
Cool man, glad you are back on the bike. Take it easy! I will be there all day Thu and Sun. I will be tuning up the trails every evening throughout the week.

bmbass

Chimp
Sep 20, 2010
Hippyville, NC
Heard that. Lift runs from 10-5:30, 25 bucks. I'll be leaving Asheville at 7:30-8 if anyone wants to tag along, I'll check the board before heading up.

bmbass

Chimp
Sep 20, 2010
Hippyville, NC
Solid day at Sugar, got in about 7 or so runs between 10-2:30. Props to Brad for all the trail work. First time up there since about 3-4 years ago and it is a massive improvement. Crew from Greensboro, Greenville, Hickory, and Asheville, and wherever ole boy was from with 1st DH bike ever invented (though he was killing it).

Lift ran a bit faster than I remember, we could've definitely gotten more runs in during the time there, but we did shoot the bull a bit during and between runs. Also, I forgot about how technical and rocky that place is in sections. Big rocks, mad fun.

It was nice to finally check out Sugar. Definitely has the tech going on. Just hate we had to leave so early. Cool to get to know some of you and hope we get up some time soon. I guess the Nationals is going to be the next trip that way.

Your right, it was awesome seeing that old school Giant still out enjoying the mountain instead of being put out to pasture.

hotrodmarlin

Chimp
Oct 29, 2007
Good times...Nice riding with you guys.
Bass thanks for the help with my double barrell. The bike felt much better that last run. :thumb: