Quantcast

Suggestion for signature length

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Just had a thought regarding signature length, since the limit of 100 characters seems undesirable for a lot of people. Frankly, someone could still make their signature annoying at 100 characters using [SIZE] tags and lots of carriage returns.

What's typically most bothersome about signatures is people making their font size huge which causes it to take up a silly amount of room - since tags are already stripped out of signatures, what about stripping [SIZE] tags as well? That would allow signature lengths to be limited at something slightly larger, like 200 characters, which would allow some people to do some HTML/BBcode.

To be honest, I don't really care one way or the other since I don't really have any kind of personal attachment to my signature, but I was just thinking about what bugs me about long signatures the most: big fonts and carriage returns. Can't do much about carriage returns, I suppose...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
BigMike said:
The thing is, I use the size command to make fonts smaller, not larger. I do hate the big fonts in sigs though
Yeah, but there's only one size smaller than normal sized, and there are many sizes larger. Besides, with only 200 chars, you don't exactly need to make your font tiny to keep your signature at a reasonable length.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I don't see the problem people have with other peoples signatures. Some of them can get out of hand, but that is a problem that should be taken up with the offenders.

I would like to see images enable for the signatures though, within reason of course.