Quantcast

Suicide airliner hijackings possible

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Originally posted by golgiaparatus
http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/07/30/airline.warning/index.html

OK, Tell me this. After Sep 11 what able bodied person is going to allow a dude or dudes with box cutters (or anything else for that matter) to take over their plane?

3-4 hijackers with knives vs. 100+ angry passengers. I dont think so.

Risk management types and self-professed experts have taught modern men and women to abdicate their right to self-preservation and hand it over to "professionals" like the police. For many years, women were taught to go along with their rapists' demands because "it's better to be raped than potentially murdered". I shudder to think how many women were raped and killed needlessly because of this advice. Only recently have women been taught how to thwart their attackers and told that they should never just get in a car and just go along. Same thing with men. They are no longer expected to be protectors and guardians for their wives and children. "You don't need to learn how to fight or use a weapon," say the mavens. "All you need is a cell phone and conflict resolution skills to survive most confrontations." BULL-$HIT, I say. Men need to untuck their phalluses and learn how to use their bodies as well as their minds to protect themselves and their families. Nothing makes me sicker than hearing on the news of a "man" who allowed himself to be tied up by a knife-wielding attacker only to have his wife raped repeatedly before his eyes. If anyone ever tried to hurt my wife or daughter, I wouldn't care if I was in boxers and he(or they) had shotguns. I would use every bit of strength and intelligence I have been given to see that said attacker(s) never enjoyed another breath of air in this life. I am certainly not the toughest kid in the county, but I have studied enough martial arts, practiced with enough firearms and other weapons, got in enough fights and sharpened my mind to the point where I believe I have a better than average chance to handle myself favorably against most attackers, armed or not.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Human Domestication

Originally posted by llkoolkeg
Risk management types and self-professed experts have taught modern men and women to abdicate their right to self-preservation and hand it over to "professionals" like the police. For many years, women were taught to go along with their rapists' demands because "it's better to be raped than potentially murdered". I shudder to think how many women were raped and killed needlessly because of this advice. Only recently have women been taught how to thwart their attackers and told that they should never just get in a car and just go along. Same thing with men. They are no longer expected to be protectors and guardians for their wives and children. "You don't need to learn how to fight or use a weapon," say the mavens. "All you need is a cell phone and conflict resolution skills to survive most confrontations." BULL-$HIT, I say. Men need to untuck their phalluses and learn how to use their bodies as well as their minds to protect themselves and their families. Nothing makes me sicker than hearing on the news of a "man" who allowed himself to be tied up by a knife-wielding attacker only to have his wife raped repeatedly before his eyes. If anyone ever tried to hurt my wife or daughter, I wouldn't care if I was in boxers and he(or they) had shotguns. I would use every bit of strength and intelligence I have been given to see that said attacker(s) never enjoyed another breath of air in this life. I am certainly not the toughest kid in the county, but I have studied enough martial arts, practiced with enough firearms and other weapons, got in enough fights and sharpened my mind to the point where I believe I have a better than average chance to handle myself favorably against most attackers, armed or not.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Wholeheartedly agree!! being a man or manly has been portrayed as a bad thing in our "feelings" society...well, we weren't made that way. I take pride in knowing that my wife feels safe with me even in the worst places, knowing how to defend yourself is as vital to life as proper nutrition in my book.
Risk management types and self-professed experts have taught modern men and women to abdicate their right to self-preservation and hand it over to "professionals" like the police.............. I would use every bit of strength and intelligence I have been given to see that said attacker(s) never enjoyed another breath of air in this life. I am certainly not the toughest kid in the county, but I have studied enough martial arts, practiced with enough firearms and other weapons, got in enough fights and sharpened my mind to the point where I believe I have a better than average chance to handle myself favorably against most attackers, armed or not.

rbx

Monkey
Dind't the passengers on one of the planes of 9/11,tried to take on the hijacker and the plane still crashed.
By no means im saying to sit down and not do nothing i would be the first one pounding the hijacker head into the floor,but i think those hijacker are smart enough to prepare in case the passenger decide to rebel.
Just throwing out some random thoughts

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by golgiaparatus
http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/07/30/airline.warning/index.html

OK, Tell me this. After Sep 11 what able bodied person is going to allow a dude or dudes with box cutters (or anything else for that matter) to take over their plane?

3-4 hijackers with knives vs. 100+ angry passengers. I dont think so.
I think back to that day and fantasy sitting on one of those planes with my ju-jitsu instructor. He's been practicing for 30 yrs and has fought groups of up to 10 gang kids by himself -- different stories, totally reasonable on his part. If they pulled box cutters... man, he'd have so fvcked them up :devil:

We started training pilots after that in my school. The pilots learned basic close combat training as well as using titanium clipboards and pens as their primary weapons.

We can never fully defend ourselves, that's why it's critically important to go on the offensive against terrorists.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Originally posted by rbx
Dind't the passengers on one of the planes of 9/11,tried to take on the hijacker and the plane still crashed.
By no means im saying to sit down and not do nothing i would be the first one pounding the hijacker head into the floor,but i think those hijacker are smart enough to prepare in case the passenger decide to rebel.
Hijackers=4
Passengers+Crew=200+

Nothing short of a fully automatic weapon or a bomb would stop an enclosed mob of 200+ people. I dont think box cutters and sporks (no matter how good the planning is) are going to cut it any more.

Sideways

Monkey
Jun 8, 2002
Asheville, North Carolina
Originally posted by johnbryanpeters
Which is to say that all the screening effort at airports is wasted time and money.

J

It sure has been a serious waste of my time.
Random screening? MY OLIVE SKINNED ASS!

Nothing keeping prison style weapons off planes before, now, or ever.
Take it as an assumed risk when you board.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Im pretty sure i could handle 6-8 hijackers myself. Box cutter dont go too deep, and unless they hit my jugular, im taking ears, eyes, ballsacks and other assorted body parts off at random. I'll F***ing flip.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
For many years, women were taught to go along with their rapists' demands because "it's better to be raped than potentially murdered". I shudder to think how many women were raped and killed needlessly because of this advice. Same thing with men. They are no longer expected to be protectors and guardians for their wives and children. "You don't need to learn how to fight or use a weapon," say the mavens. "All you need is a cell phone and conflict resolution skills to survive most confrontations." BULL-$HIT, I say. Men need to untuck their phalluses and learn how to use their bodies as well as their minds to protect themselves and their families. Nothing makes me sicker than hearing on the news of a "man" who allowed himself to be tied up by a knife-wielding attacker only to have his wife raped repeatedly before his eyes.
amen. but the same goes for women. one of my biggest fears is being raped. it is an emotional trauma that i dont know if i could handle. i have already made up my mind that is someone wants to rape me, they are probably going to have to kill me first. because i'll be fighting until i am dead. people just need to realize that there is a time and a place where you have to step up and take care of business. its not ok to just be the victim. whats further more, you dont have to just be a victim. whats the worse that could happen, you might die. oh well. its bound to happen someday. better to go out fighting.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I know I'm totally splitting hairs here.....but I love the last line ofthat article:

"You cannot put a price on American lives and what this would do to our economy," she said. "

And the last plane that went down in PA.....that SO got shot down.....

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
Originally posted by rbx
Some will disagree, but the gov't may very well have shot that plane down. It sounds terrible but it was the last one in the air, fighter jets were deployed only minutes after the first attack.

I am not anti-gov't, but I have heard the theory and it does make you wonder.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Originally posted by jhusktrials
Some will disagree, but the gov't may very well have shot that plane down. It sounds terrible but it was the last one in the air, fighter jets were deployed only minutes after the first attack.

I am not anti-gov't, but I have heard the theory and it does make you wonder.

It SO got shot down.....

And then just get the story going of the heroic passengers. Gives everyone a warm(er) fuzzy(er) feeling about the whole thing....even though everyone pretty much knows shooting it down was the right this to do....

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by Sideways
It sure has been a serious waste of my time.
Random screening? MY OLIVE SKINNED ASS!

Nothing keeping prison style weapons off planes before, now, or ever.
Take it as an assumed risk when you board.
Mine too, but I've found I can rig it a bit. If I shave and look presentable, and wear my glasses, no extra screening.

If I'm a bit scruffy and have on a ball cap, I get pulled EVERY time. They are looking for drugs, of course, but it still pisses me off. I hate flying enough as is, I don't need some goon frisking me because I look like I have a joint in my carry on, y'know.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Originally posted by BurlySurly
Im pretty sure i could handle 6-8 hijackers myself. Box cutter dont go too deep, and unless they hit my jugular, im taking ears, eyes, ballsacks and other assorted body parts off at random. I'll F***ing flip.
Exactly... Hell I bet you could rip an arm off one of the chairs or something and use it as a nice anti-boxcutter club.

Just about anything longer than your forearm is a better weapon than a knife.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Originally posted by Silver
Mine too, but I've found I can rig it a bit. If I shave and look presentable, and wear my glasses, no extra screening.

If I'm a bit scruffy and have on a ball cap, I get pulled EVERY time. They are looking for drugs, of course, but it still pisses me off. I hate flying enough as is, I don't need some goon frisking me because I look like I have a joint in my carry on, y'know.
REALLY! Shizzle, Im totally screwed if I fly then :(

Not that I look arabic, but I do look like I could have some nugs in my pocket for sure.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
That gives me so much faith on a our now-legal profiling policy. Like terrorists are smart enough to carry out these elaborate plans, but are somehow going to show up at the airport dirty and unshaven, wearing an I :love: Osama T-shirt.

For fack's sake, does it cross their minds that many Persians are WHITE-SKINNED and may have remembered to shave the day of their suicide attack?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by ohio
That gives me so much faith on a our now-legal profiling policy. Like terrorists are smart enough to carry out these elaborate plans, but are somehow going to show up at the airport dirty and unshaven, wearing an I :love: Osama T-shirt.

For fack's sake, does it cross their minds that many Persians are WHITE-SKINNED and may have remembered to shave the day of their suicide attack?
Most of the screeners couldn't get a McDonald's order correct....these aren't the best of the best, y'know?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by ohio

The current security system is just stooooooooopid. Anyone with half a brain can sneak some kind of weapon aboard. While honest people are being harassed about harmless items.

In the past few years I have had a few items confiscated at security. A box of wooden matches, not because they were flamable but the matchstick could be broken and used as a weapon, my #2 sharpened wooden pencils were not considered a threat. I had my DirtRag ti bottle opener confiscated because it was dangerous. The only thing I could possible do to someone with that thing was pry their teeth out. One flight I was on I sat next to a little old lady making a scarf with 18 inch long aluminum knitting needles, which are perfectly legal to bring on a plane. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Not if you stab a steward or pilot or passenger through the neck with it.
Point taken Silver but I'd feel more confident tackling a freak with a knitting needle that one with a gun. Mr Knit One Pearl One better have the crochet mafia backing him/her up before they decide to take over a plane, especially in the current climate. Nowadays overt hijacks will be stopped in their tracks because we know the alternatives.
Unfortunately the nasty creeps will find other ways:(

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by johnbryanpeters
No handle, aluminum rather than steel, blunted tips - I wouldn't be fearing too much for my life if someone lunged at me with a knitting needle - a mechanical pencil would be more forbidding.
My whole point about the knitting needle was not that it was dangerous, but how security bans clearly harmless items such as wooden match sticks and nail clippers while potentialy harmful items like knitting kneedles are allowed. Searching for these items makes the security screening process long and painfull. I have to fly regularly for business, I have waited for hours to get through security, I will drive up to 8 hours before getting on a plane because it is such a hassle. The airline industry is really hurting now, stupid security rules are just costing people their jobs.

As far as airlplane battles go I would use the seat not as a floatation device but as a shield, stuff my laptop battery into a sock and I'm gonna nuts gladiator stylee.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Originally posted by Westy
As far as airlplane battles go I would use the seat not as a floatation device but as a shield, stuff my laptop battery into a sock and I'm gonna nuts gladiator stylee.
MLAO!

That visual was priceless... I imagined superman tube socks for some reason and you were wearing red running shorts. Why, I dunno...

"It just popped in there"
- Dan Akroid, Ghost Busters I