Quantcast

Summer Food!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Fresh currants and cherries are available for picking and apricots are around the corner. Everything is roughly 3 weeks early so far this year.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Fresh currants and cherries are available for picking and apricots are around the corner. Everything is roughly 3 weeks early so far this year.
Send me apricots please.

Currants and spinach Tofu and frozen peas. Some chopped spec also. Some Feta and Olive Oil on the side

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
That Syracuse salt though!

A carton can be anywhere from 10 to 14 lbs. Probably have to pick em a little firm so they travel well and arrive in good shape.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Cherries are winding down around here, time for apricots! I hear the blueberries are on now too. Might have to visit my friends patch this weekend and find out.

hatrick.jpg

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
So far we've had a ton of raspberries and strawberries, and some lettuce. The rest of the garden is growing slow and steady, with the pumpkin planted by the wee lad trying to take over alllll the land!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Zucchini Flowers breaded and fried. Calamari and vidalia onions with capers and olives. Grilled Vidalias FTW! Red Romanian Hot Peppers. Greek women are so sexy!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Was in the 'Cuse a few weeks ago for my dads 80th, we had Dinosaur BBQ cater the shindig. Needless to say, the BBQ was amazing, but the salt taters were outstanding, too! I forgot how good they were.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Spinach, Green peppers, Garlic, more fresh sausage. Some Rabe thrown in for good measure. Finished with shredded Gouda and white pepper.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Love me some not-quite-ripe nectarines.

Some might think it's odd given how much I hate peaches. There is nothing more evil than a peach IMO, but hard nectarines? All day long...

mmm.... peaches. I like my peaches and nectarines with a little crunch also. I'll eat the soft ripe ones too but can't eat as many and they usually make a mess. We pick them all pretty firm so they can travel to their market and sit for a while before they go soft.

20150813_080847.jpg

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Polish Farmers cheese. Boiled then baked green cabbage, Nasty white onions with chopped beets and Rhubard. I hate cooking 2 things. Celery and Rhubarb. The cheese looked like Feta. It stank up the whole house. It was nasty. New Potatoes cooked in beef fat with thyme, black truffles, and those nasty muck onions...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Now that looks good.

I love mountain biking here this time of year, so many berries just growing on the side of the trail for the taking. If you want, you don't even have to bring food on a ride.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Sounds terrible!

Luckily for you, we finished peaches and are into apples and nectarines!
I am still cleaning up the mess they made. They rendered a crap load of beef fat and cooked potatoes in it. At first I was suspect. Then I got stoned and ate way to much way to fast. Sriracha Ketchup for the win. I put about $400 of truffles on the tators. Try this: Get a pork belly, brine it. Cook it in the oven 250 for 4 hours, halfway put some brown sugar on it. When you are done fry the slabs like bacon in the beef fat you cooked the tators in. I dressed it with Onion soup mix and sour cream. Muenster cheese and pears with your dried blueberries as a wedge salad also.

I am now a pear fan. Pears and Pork.... FTW!