Quantcast

Summer Soltice, Nam, and a kick in the cherries.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Joined the Wednesday night 'Nam ride this week. 2 1/2 hours, some air, lots of rocks, several berms, and a tree hugging. :think: Lots of fun, and mostly carnage free, other than me hitting a tree with the bars coming off the last rock in the jump line. Sudden stop + nuts into the stem = :dead: and :mumble:

Anyway took a few pics while riding. Sorry for the blurring. I suck at motion shots / panning. :help: :clue:

Pete gapping the new doubles:

Pete hitting the drop after the doubles:

IF_Rider and Dave coming off the new rock berm:

On the berm:

More of IF_Rider:

Playing on the powerlines:

Should be back-to-back 'Nam rides this week, as long as there's no t-storms tomorrow. Splat is hosting the usual Thursday night ride from his place. :)

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Sweet shots! These ride reports make me really want to ride Nam again sometime. The last time I did was more than ten years ago and it looks like there is lots of new stuff.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
OGRipper said:
Sweet shots! These ride reports make me really want to ride Nam again sometime. The last time I did was more than ten years ago and it looks like there is lots of new stuff.
Lots of new stuff the last two years. Some of the new stuff is so popular, the "older" trails aren't getting any traffic and are overgrown.

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
I may be heading up to the cape at some point, is there anyone who'd be interested in helping me figure out somewhere to ride while I'm up there?

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
splat said:
or if you wanted to take a road trip , Borderland , Freetown Foxboro , or Vietnam are within striking distance
:stupid:

Borderland is nice. If you don't mind a ~1 hour 15 minute drive each way, you should come up and ride 'Nam with us if it works out for you. It's worth it. :)