Quantcast

Sunday Capitol Forest

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
ummbikes said:
Myself, and a buddy will be riding Derek's super secret shuttle for a few hours sunday. We are thinking 9:00 a.m. at Chebron holmeses.
Yummy, Chevron JoJo's after the ride :love:

Are you talkin' about the 'other' side on Cap forest?

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Mut said:
WHere are these super secret shuttle? It's not Erik K. shuttle?

No it's not Erik K.'s , it isn't really a secret either, or really a shuttle if you ride back up. It's just a fun section with easy gravel road access that can be shuttled. I was posting after drinking Vodka. Sorry for the confusion.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
ummbikes said:
No it's not Erik K.'s , it isn't really a secret either, or really a shuttle if you ride back up. It's just a fun section with easy gravel road access that can be shuttled. I was posting after drinking Vodka. Sorry for the confusion.
Haha! I think I did that shuttle a couple weeks ago with Skookum and Oly. Great ride!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Snacks said:
As long as it's on Sunday, and I'm back in Seattle by 5pm, I have soccer at 6pm.
Meet at 9 this time? It does take some time to drive down to drop the car, plus, with the addition from the top it could be alot longer of a ride.....

BTW... what were you doing posting at 4am?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
Meet at 9 this time? It does take some time to drive down to drop the car, plus, with the addition from the top it could be alot longer of a ride.....

BTW... what were you doing posting at 4am?
I alway forget, how long does it take to get down there? We should be fine if we get to the trail and start riding by 10am, so meet at 9am. Just save me some time for some Chevron JoJo's :)

I was going running at 5am :dead:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Remember las time we met at 10 and were riding by 12. We could also do other rides out there.... Who knows it could also be real snowy..... maybe do an XC loop starting at the bottom??

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
Remember las time we met at 10 and were riding by 12. We could also do other rides out there.... Who knows it could also be real snowy..... maybe do an XC loop starting at the bottom??
Ya, they mentioned snow the end of the week, but Sunday should be good. I think if we meet at 9 I'll be okay. I'll just have to check the time. The games not until 6:45pm.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i'm gonna be riding a 20 mile bbtc ride on Saturday so i really wouldn't cry if we did a shuttle.(hint, hint, hint) :p
i bet my pal JonnyG would go with us, and maybe Serial Midget would skip work too.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
i'm gonna be riding a 20 mile bbtc ride on Saturday so i really wouldn't cry if we did a shuttle.(hint, hint, hint) :p
i bet my pal JonnyG would go with us, and maybe Serial Midget would skip work too.
You wanna ride the same loop we did last time?

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
Soon as it warms up a bit, I want to get down there again. Love those 20+ mile rides. Cold mud is fun! I have sealskin socks now, I wonder if they realy work.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Yes. I rode the Cap last weekend and the snow line was at Wedekind with at least three inches. I was witch ass cold too.

Anyhow I have a three day weekend special holiday dealio that only ex shoe salesmen get and its every other weekend starting now. :)

... and I have them there new brakes to test out.

Whom will be riding?

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
I bought a new xc helmet because some bastard homeless cat pissed on my old one. Plus my TBBXC dirt jumper lid broke when I ran it over with my truck. I'm down for a ride Sunday, but for the sake of the children let it be a lowland adventure, riding in a 1' of snow surely must suck.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
i'll be there, i'll be tired, but i'll be there. Never again say i won't sacrifice for the band..... :dancing:
Yippee! Meeting at 9am at the Chevon? Are we still doing the shuttle thang?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Only problems for shuttle.... Its snowy low. That makes the drive a bear. We can go through porter, but thats also a longer drive around. My truck has problems so i cant be on the shuttle team. My 4x4 is acting up among other things.... I also wouldnt be wanting to do the van shuttle in the snow. So what options do we have? Who would be driving? That is such a great ride, but it would suck to not make it up and waste the day.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
My truck does not have 4WD so it will not be availale for a shuttle. Last week I drove over the top from Porter and hit the C-Line back down to Fall Creek, I was not expecting as much snow as I found and would not want to shuttle if the conditions call for lots of snow - I also wouldn't want to be canned in the Peak van either. So, maybe some low lying mudefest action towards the Mima Mounds?

I'm going to wally world to see if they have water proof socks... cheap. :monkey:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Serial Midget said:
Ummm... Lake Sawyer is too far at 2 plus hours away, if I don't ride the Capital Forest then Montesano is good for me at only 10 minutes away. You all have a mighty nice time, ya hear?
Whatever :p I wanted to check out your new bike!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Well I am liking the fox fork a lot but am not sold on the coil over yet... I will be putting my new hydraulic brakes on today and, well... they are not Hayes. :angry: but they were cheap. :cool: