Quantcast

***Sunday GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Slept like shit. Moved upstairs to the couch, where I slept, but then proceeded to have very strange dreams. Not sure which I preferred. Imma ride my bike to work today. Hard tail with knobbies, because I still haven't done anything about replacing the rear wheel on the single speed.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Concert went well enough. Mariko's dance recital is today. Busy weekend indeed, with 3 of 4 grandparents (to the kids, not two generations up from me) in town.

In other news I took this personality test thing, which should surprise no one that knows me :D

IMG_5765.PNG

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies, did not take personality test but did check the weather. Daily rain appears to be over, riding will increase. Parents in town for visit this week and I should be on vacation but I cannot postpone the workload as I will be in Dallas getting reprogrammed the week of June 4th. At least I know someone thinks I am worth the investment. :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Fucking "new" Delta kitchen faucet decided to start leaking up *IN* the faucet last night. Middle kids come up from the basement and says, "Should there be water dripping from the ceiling?"

I hate plumbing. :rant:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Watched the XCO race this morning casting the redbull app, Nino crushed it.
Now watching football.
Then hopefully a ride before the weather moves in.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
:stupid:

Faucet completely replaced. Lowe's tried to pull the "we don't deal with warranty outside of 90-days"... to which I looked blankly at them and inquired if that meant I wait for a few weeks with NO GODDAM KITCHEN FAUCET while the manufacturer takes care of it.

Manager was located who said I could exchange for the like model.

What a PITA.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
gardening and eating things. Planning on an evening gravel grinder so my legs loosen up. 24hr race in 6 days and I haven't necessarily been training for it... oops

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
New bike rack installed on Jeep. Bike and gear acquired from storage unit. Just in time to not be able to ride for the next XX years.

Going golfing this afternoon, however.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! I have a half ironman in two weeks, and today the race ambassador team hosted a free bike course preview ride, fully supported with the course marked and aid stations. There were probably a couple hundred riders there. 56 miles, 4000' elevation gain. I rode mostly easy after yesterday's half marathon. I finished the ride and ran four miles. My legs are pretty tired from all these weekend shenanigans, but 'twas a great weekend. Back to the office shithole tomorrow.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Watching Russ Meyers films on YouTube while I clean my basses and MIDI program Ministry drum and bass parts. Having my first can of Monster in 8 weeks. Not a bad Sunday.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Fun was had leg and arm muscles are destroyed. I was in the Kayak on the lake from 8 am to 3 pm. The lake is 8 miles long and I did a complete 16 mile and then some loop ( went up most of the side bays). My Hobie kayak ha a pedal drive but I had to keep swapping out to the paddle as my legs were frying. No fish were caught but I had a ripping good time in the 99* heat and took many swim stops to cool off.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Because I was watching Russ Meyers films on YouTube, the Internet suggested something staring Barbi Benton and now I'm listening to her tracks and watching clips from Hee Haw.

My scepter is a wine glass, and
This barstool is my throne.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Rode Ruby Hill with Haley and some friends this afternoon. After the three weeks it's taken to get the Yeti running again and 2 hours trying to bead the tire, the tire blew off in the second berm I hit. It was at 40psi, so I'm thinking this is either a rim issue or tire issue. I need to source a new tire first before the rim comes into play.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It feels wonderful to be sitting on my own toilet. About to take the first shower of the last 4 days; I don't think soaping up in the lake counts.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Watching Russ Meyers films on YouTube while I clean my basses and MIDI program Ministry drum and bass parts. Having my first can of Monster in 8 weeks. Not a bad Sunday.
You bouncing back after the past tough few weeks?

It feels wonderful to be sitting on my own toilet. About to take the first shower of the last 4 days; I don't think soaping up in the lake counts.
I have a Toto Washlet. I highly recommend it if you have the means, and by "the means" I mean that it requires a 120V outlet by the toilet. (When I built the house I had that added just for this purpose.)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
The kids' dance recital was actually pretty entertaining. Happy little munchkins, even if most of them were staring off-stage at their instructors to figure out what to do next. Mariko did well. Indian food afterward with wife, both kids, MIL, and both of my parents was good as well. Life is pretty good.