Quantcast

***Sunday GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Climbing class with wife today, and then a kid-free lunch out.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Saw this, last night. Must be nice to have more money than sense.
View attachment 126222
saw an r8 done up in gold mirror finish like that last week. assumed it was local nfl or nba player.

just finished a tour for a prospective patron at the museum. i think the 7yo wants to go for a ride now...SHENANIGANS may ensue. last ride i tore my tire off the rim trying 180 bunny hops in the nearby school parking lot.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Saw this, last night. Must be nice to have more money than sense.
View attachment 126222

Later, I saw Aaron Carter strolling into a bar, wearing a huge white fur coat. Evidently, this was happening.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/white-night-aaron-carter-hits-11020830
my uncle fran lived next door to my grandfather in philly....of the various cars that were always parked or could almost be parked in the garage/driveway when he was a kid....a 40's lincoln limo and a dussenberg....on the weekends his dad would dress up as a chauffer and drive the wife around shopping for shits and giggles....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
my uncle fran lived next door to my grandfather in philly....of the various cars that were always parked or could almost be parked in the garage/driveway when he was a kid....a 40's lincoln limo and a dussenberg....on the weekends his dad would dress up as a chauffer and drive the wife around shopping for shits and giggles....
A couple of years back one of my cousins garaged a McClaren for the summer.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Great ride this morning.
Trails are dusty and blown out.
I need new tires.

Dumped youngest at sleepaway camp for week.

Headed to beach for a swim and assault of what's left in the beer fridge.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
After a week of traveling, packing, moving and sea level, I got a solid day on the DHR at Keystone in the books.
My mind hasn't been in it since the Spring crash. Today corrected a whole bunch of that. Felt good to ride fast on hard trails!

And now it time for gyros, and maybe a beer.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Been up since noon yesterday, taking tonight off work since family is in town. Picked up one last load development job before hunting season starts for a little extra cash...... Busy busy from here till December

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just did one of the dumbest rides I've ever done. More hike than bike.

Definitely glad we shuttled to cut 7.5 miles and 2000ft on the road out from the start.

8 hours for 22.5 miles, 4300ft.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I just went to a coffee shop. There, I met a stranger, and we had a wonderful conversation, sitting at the bar. In many ways, he was like me in 20 years. The worst part was that we exchanged numbers when we parted. I don't think we will ever talk again, but I think it was a meaningful gesture to him, and his name in my phone will remind me of the good conversation I had with a stranger.

Faith in humanity 1 up.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
With a little moisture in the soil I had a pretty damn fast and rowdy ride yesterday. Payed for it dearly with an excruciatingly painful arthritis flare up in the big joint of both thumbs. On a stay-cation this week and I was hoping to get some riding in. Iced the shit out of both hands all day today. Taking it easy on them tomorrow with a hike.

May demo a Yeti SB5.5 this week. I was in between sizes when I got my current bike and will unload my medium SB5 for a larger size while there is still some value in it if I feel good on a larger bike. May have to consider a more bike as I am a little panicked that I might not be able to handle a jack-hammer ride any more.

With a little moisture in the soil I had a pretty damn fast and rowdy ride yesterday. Payed for it dearly with an excruciatingly painful arthritis flare up in the big joint of both thumbs. On a stay-cation this week and I was hoping to get some riding in. Iced the shit out of both hands all day today. Taking it easy on them tomorrow with a hike.

May demo a Yeti SB5.5 this week. I was in between sizes when I got my current bike and will unload my medium SB5 for a larger size while there is still some value in it if I feel good on a larger bike. May have to consider a more bike as I am a little panicked that I might not be able to handle a jack-hammer ride any more.
I'm starting to deal with the arthritis stuff - it sucks.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm starting to deal with the arthritis stuff - it sucks.
I have been dealing with psoriatic arthritis in one form or another for the past 15 years. Chronic pain wears you down after a while, but I've luckily never had it where it would stop me from riding. Had to switch to grip shifters for a while when the last joint in my thumbs got pissed off. But I am afraid there is little I can do with not being able to hold onto the bars.

The reserve had a problem with invasive olive trees. Maybe a year or so ago, they clear cut a bunch of it, which destroyed some trails and made much of the riding open slogging in the sun. The Kill Dozer in particular has ceased to exist. They have Half Pipe, which is fun bermed descending in three sections, but I wouldn't go back unless bored and in the area.

Nockamixon, on the other hand, is a hoot.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The reserve had a problem with invasive olive trees. Maybe a year or so ago, they clear cut a bunch of it, which destroyed some trails and made much of the riding open slogging in the sun. The Kill Dozer in particular has ceased to exist. They have Half Pipe, which is fun bermed descending in three sections, but I wouldn't go back unless bored and in the area.

Nockamixon, on the other hand, is a hoot.
Yea, I'm aware of all that. Killdozer was a great section of trail. Shame that it was lost. Enough of it is undamaged or received little enough damage that it could be reclaimed, but the board in charge of the preserve hasn't allowed it. They have agreed to let the trail builders reclaim the mileage in a new trail, but no real progress has been made there.

The autumn olive removal was sort of double edged sword (aside from issues mentioned above), it was grown very thick in many areas of the trail. While it offered a respite from the sun, you rarely could see more than 40-50 feet ahead of you. Now that it's gone you definitely bake in the sun (generally doesn't bother me, sorta reminds me of socal riding) but line of sight / visibility is drastically improved.

It's also one of the only trails in the Philly region with a decent amount of elevation.

Did you also ride Broken Arrow while there?