Quantcast

sunday greenslicks run

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
okay so this is kind of a belated ride report, but i am just now getting time to do a little bit a write up. so last sunday me and the usual crew went to do a run down greenslicks. so i pmed a few guys like drkenan to see if he wanted to join us, and well he was in along with some of his crew too. so he decided to bring along another monkey by the name of fclinder to join in on the festivities. well to make a long story short me and my crew got to ride with some excellent guys last sunday and had an excellent time sessioning north carolinas a-line. here are some of the pics and well i hope you all enjoy.
ohh and one more thing i would like to thank drkenan for the wonderful shots and fclinder showing us some of the bigger doubles and stepdowns on greenslicks. now the photos.

me

ben

cecil

kenan

boehm

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
we were asking the same thing on the ride man. the far right of that pic is where the initial lip is and well it really doesnt have one. the landing is down in the far left corner and well he almost made it but came up short becuase well there is no lip on the kicker.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Nice pics!

How did he get up so high in this one ?
Yeah, this must be a deceptive trail. All the pictures I've seen make it look like the rider is in the air coming out of no where booting off of nothing. You guys must be getting some sick speed to get so much air off such small looking (at least from the pictures I've seen) features. Very impressive. I hope to make it down there one day.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Yep, we had a good day!!!! Thanks to all that rode with us. Great people. The big gap Ben was hitting is about 1/4 of the way down Greenslick. We call it the Herndon double, because he was the first to hit it. I can't really remember who was with him at the time when he did it but they told us it was 45'. I have not walked it off, just going on what someone told me. I have only walked off one jump 3/4 of the way down that is a big step down. You can hit it and jump as far as you want to, 4' or 35+'. We did have a great time hitting them all and I have to give Props to Ben for trying the big one. :clapping:

Me on the Step Down

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
how do you like that reign? I've been thinking about grabbing one for all around usage (this will include am, fr, super d, and jrX dh). thoughts? concerns? etc?

btw I'm 160lbs and pretty smooth.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
bent^biker i have owned a trance and i can tell you that the bike will let you push it way harder than you should be able to push a 4" bike. i have also ridden the dw link which is my second favorite link behind the giant one and i find the VPP just plain harsh in comparison to the giant and the DW link