Quantcast

{}{} Sunday GTM {}{}

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Rode 100km yesterday on mostly gravel. Felt pretty good at the end but it was enough riding for the day. Still, need to ride more to make it to 215km by April. House renovation is moving along and it feels so good to see progress every day. Roof renovation starting soon too.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
A massive 6.5miles yesterday with a really sketchy downhill, ~18" of postholed snow. Much fun was had :headbang:

Hoping for more today.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Today is the first rehearsal for the father-daughter dance at Mariko’s dance school. What have I done?!

:D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just scored ~25 hands holds and 30 foot holds for $100 because the gym was clearing out old holds. Massive score.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Including a couple XXL holds. I'll lay them out for picture later. $20 for 30 foot holds and $84 for ~20 normal sized, 3 XL, and 1 XXL hold. Price was very good vs. new and it's almost impossible to find used holds out here.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Including a couple XXL holds. I'll lay them out for picture later. $20 for 30 foot holds and $84 for ~20 normal sized, 3 XL, and 1 XXL hold. Price was very good vs. new and it's almost impossible to find used holds out here.
Less about price, more about condition.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Awesome day of bikes, beers and bongs. Rode on some treaty crusty snow...and ice.

Pretty sure something is broken in my rear hub, though. It sounds like a Diesel engine and snaps with torque.

Last edited:
Awesome day of bikes, beers and bongs. Rode on some treaty crusty snow...and ice.

Pretty sure something is broken in my rear hub, though. It sounds like a Diesel engine and snaps with torque.
Mine (Shimano FH-M756A) did that yesterday. Based on rooting around in the intarwebz, it's a pretty common failure mode for them. The freewheel is not designed to be disassembled, and a replacement costs about the same as a full hub with QR. I'm going to ask LBS to order a hub; I'll use the freewheel and save the rest of the hub as spares.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Mine (Shimano FH-M756A) did that yesterday. Based on rooting around in the intarwebz, it's a pretty common failure mode for them. The freewheel is not designed to be disassembled, and a replacement costs about the same as a full hub with QR. I'm going to ask LBS to order a hub; I'll use the freewheel and save the rest of the hub as spares.
This one is a Sun Ringle, so hopefully there are parts for it.

Better yet, this bike is only a few months old. I'm bringing it back to where I purchased it from and asking them to warranty or whatever they need to do to correct it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This one is a Sun Ringle, so hopefully there are parts for it.

Better yet, this bike is only a few months old. I'm bringing it back to where I purchased it from and asking them to warranty or whatever they need to do to correct it.
If it was super cold out one possibility is that the low temperatures decreased the viscosity of whatever lube was applied to the freehub from the factory, which causes it to not freewheel properly.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
for a 12’ high max wall in his garage that ceraintainly will have a crash pad, i wouldn’t be too worried...

rained all day. almost-8yo had a good bday party/sleepover that ended with a major all kids-vs.-dad nerf gun war this morning. now he feels sick again. of couse...fucker’d better be good to go for school tomorrow.

house returned to normal. beers in hand. eyeing the calendar to see when some ride/dig time might be had this week...

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Freehub should be $40 for that hub. Triflow and like chain lubes contaminates the Freehub and dilutes the Lithium grease they pack the freehub with most of the time.

Last edited: