Quantcast

Sunday River

peterk123

Chimp
Dec 2, 2007
Well, we got up there for a ride on Saturday. I got some pics but not nearly as many as I hoped. We were too busy riding and always forgot to stop. I had every intention of getting some pics at the jump park towards the end, but our bodies couldn't handle another run. Actually, there seemed to be some pros there taking some shots; anyone know what that was all about? Am I going to be in a magazine?

There has been a ton of work going on, including taking care of that wicked black mud bog on the beginning of Second Thoughts. I won't tell you how many times my tires got sucked in and how many more times it threw me over the bars. Lower Crater was sick. I finally got the balls to hit the two small gap jumps there. They are perfect. My buddy bit it hard on the one when you cross the lift and enter back in the woods. It seems like you have to check your speed a bit, otherwise you overshoot and end having to deal with roots, trees, and other stuff.

Keep It Going is awesome. I'm 41, never rode BMX, and only now starting to get some air. The last berm is perfect. No thinking required on that one, until you have to kind of swithback over the little tabletop afterwards. I guess I have to learn how to tail whip or something. The second drop in the park that throws you into a berm is super smooth. I never looked at it, just hit it. My buddy was standing there (he was the first one down) and just pointed where to go. I'm curious, how far do you drop? We figured it was at least six/seven feet, maybe more. The speed you get once you land was wild for someone that doesn't have berms wired yet, but again, another perfect berm sitting there waiting for you. I just have to remember to hit the drop by aiming a bit to the right side so I can go higher and earlier into the turn.

The big table tops freak me out for now. I hit them, but I really kill the air time. So I am putting in a request for some training table tops for us old guys that can't jump.

Absolutely, the best place I have ridden. Wow. 140mm of travel not enough. Need new bike.

Anyway, a couple of pics:

The place is a gem and the crew up there have been working their butts off. Check out the place if you get a chance. They are open through Columbus weekend.

Dangerous E

Monkey
May 24, 2006
Coorstown, CO
Nice pics man. That place looks legit! I grew up snowboarding there and used to live in Bethel so I'm stoked to see S.R. stepping up. Thanks for the photos.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Very cool to see some more pics of that place. I last rode there around '92 or something, fully rigid and putting the beat down on my buddies who had early versions of those new fangled "suspension forks."

:biggrin: