Quantcast

***Sunday, Sunday SUNDAY!!!!! GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
On a mission to find new shoes. Had to go downtown Toronto to get a pair of Fivetens. Now waiting for one more bike shop to open at 12.

I hate the city.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Herping the derp from bah hahbah.
woah-you went full maine-that's a haul from the philly area.

not sure what's going on today...ordered a new rear derailleur yesterday; in the meantime swapped the jockey wheel from an old one i had lying around and tried to un-bend the cage...fairly workable until new one arrives. how does this even happen?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
19:38 in my 5K race today. I thought I'd be a little faster but one focking hill at mile 2.5 blew me up. I did finish 3rd place overall, so at least I've got that going for me.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Four days in a row climbing plus some viral crud that has similarly sickened Yuna makes for one super sore Toshi.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
No trip to Yancey Ridge, but instead went to Thuper Awethum after post pancake nap. Finally got to really test out a set of 7iDp knee pads thanks to some jackass using dead fall to cover a mud hole instead of cutting a drain. Spent a few minutes temporarily correcting said stupidity. Will have to go back with actual tools. But a stick can be used to cut a drain. Wish more riders knew that.

As I was crashing and the left knee and bar were dragging, I thought, "sweet these pads work", just before coming to a rest 25' away on my back cursing.

Flex Knee model:

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Just got home from a sunset/night ride. Hit some trails i havent done yet at the only MTB only trail system. Probably one of my longest rides, and the dork logger crashed and didnt save any of it. After about 9 miles, my neck starts to to hurt. Besides alcohol and narcs, how do i prevent this?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
SIUP. (To answer the query one post up.)

Lots of Thai leftovers. Winning.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
SIUP. (To answer the query one post up.)

Lots of Thai leftovers. Winning.
Man that reminds me, I need to get a ride in at a local FlowEasy™ trail so I can hit the best Thai joint in the area across the street. They have a batter fried chicken dish with spicy peanut sauce that is the bomb. Nice balance of flavors and not overly sweet. Dump some Nam Prik Nam Pla on it to set it off. Nom non nom...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Elk camp cut short.... Just got home and unpacked. There are certain things that even my stubborn ass will not tempt..... Like lots of lightning in what is a tinder box of a Forrest.....

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Last horse show of the season is done. Effing hit 109* forecast was for 95* . Still I only had to treat one case of heat exhaustion. I stayed cool in shorts, uniform shirt and by keeping my cotton hat soaking wet, evaporative cooling of the head at its best

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
I think identifying the source problem is key here, which with a sore neck sounds like one is climbing too much. Therefor you're always looking up and straining the neck.

Solution is to ride longer and steeper trails. :D
Definitely a lot of climbing. but unfortunately, most of the longer, steeper, shuttling type trails are too far away go get away with a weekday morning ride. Too damn hot in the afternoon. Making plans to hit them soon though as a 3 day bike event is coming up and i wanna get familiar with the trails on the mountain.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Man that reminds me, I need to get a ride in at a local FlowEasy™ trail so I can hit the best Thai joint in the area across the street. They have a batter fried chicken dish with spicy peanut sauce that is the bomb. Nice balance of flavors and not overly sweet. Dump some Nam Prik Nam Pla on it to set it off. Nom non nom...
I love Prik Nam Pla (northern Thai pronounciation), I put heaps of it on. Local grocery stores quit carrying Thai peppers (all four stores), ill have to order some online...

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Definitely a lot of climbing. but unfortunately, most of the longer, steeper, shuttling type trails are too far away go get away with a weekday morning ride. Too damn hot in the afternoon. Making plans to hit them soon though as a 3 day bike event is coming up and i wanna get familiar with the trails on the mountain.
"Too hot", no such animal. I suggest you subscribe to the @canadmos guide on how to not be a fair weather rider.