Quantcast

***Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY!!!! GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I, too, am working. On the upside I have Dvorak 7 going now (going to listen to 7-9) and a tasty pierogie in my hand.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Wow, trails were crowded. And the sprinkling of rain last night did nothing for the sand and dust.

One ride done, putting out a feeler for afternoon hike with the friend that always bails (and secondary feeler for second ride).

Need to really start a movement for 3 day weekends.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hung over. Didn't sleep until 2am lat night and woke up to Haley with a bloody nose at 515am. Tired as fuck.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Dude I am telling you, this place is unrecognizable. And the boom is constant to out past Caldwell. Idaho is the fastest growing state in the Nation currently.
That doesn't bode well for me affording a couple of hundred acres to build my freedum compound to retire to.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Busy day with projects, I rode solo in the evening. You couldn't really tell it rained last night, still quite dusty and loose. 11 miles hit the spot, now Bangkok dumplings and G&Ts.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well that was a close one. Almost shit my pants at the trail head. Thank God for the open ski resort across the street...

This place is so awesome. Amazing trails and a warm swimming hole for post-ride cool down.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
97B79EE0-FA42-4472-A877-DFC0C7F49AFD.jpeg
had some damn good breakfast at local farm to table place...esp. the sausage. then to south mountains state park for a bit of hiking and creek hopping fun. kids found a good spot for jumping.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Watched Thor: Ragnarok on Netflix during the course of the day. Quite entertaining, that.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hello monkeys! I spent my morning screwing around with some of my vintage stereo equipment. I ended up matching a pair of 80s 50 watt Sansui bookshelf speakers and a pair of massive early 90s Sansui 160 watt home theater speakers driven from a mid 70s Panasonic 90 watt receiver that I found for $4.00. They are placed on a brick wall facing another brick wall 20 feet away. Played a Pablo Honey CD to great success and then routed some youtube stuff though a low watt bluetooth receiver which also yielded great results.

I went on my usual XC trail ride and now its time to cook.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Last night a friend Smoked a brisket and bought a bunch of beer for a few of us as a thank you for helping him move a few months ago. This was preceded by a hot lap on a local trail and followed by watching mountain bike movies. Good times, but the early wake up to go ride Secret Stache gnar trails in the wet was less than ideal.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
@jstuhlman Google Maps got me lost. Had me winding around some neighborhood in Lenoir, adding 30-40 minutes. Finally found Mortimer Campground and climbed for an 1:10 to Wilson Ridge to Schoolhouse. WR was pretty easy for the most part and seemed to have a suspicious amount of climbing. Schoolhouse was as equally boring until the last part with the ditches. Most definitely unridable with the exception of a few short sections. Hiking down them with a bike is treacherous. The bottom of the trench is barely wide enough for both feet. Some have granite that is now polished to a deceptively slick finish. But the opposite of boring, I suppose.

For a Pisgah ride it sure lacked views, rocks and ridable techy stuff. Overall it was a decent ride in the hills and a good fitness builder. However, not in a hurry to go back to that section of Wilson's anytime soon.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
@jstuhlman Google Maps got me lost. Had me winding around some neighborhood in Lenoir, adding 30-40 minutes. Finally found Mortimer Campground and climbed for an 1:10 to Wilson Ridge to Schoolhouse. WR was pretty easy for the most part and seemed to have a suspicious amount of climbing. Schoolhouse was as equally boring until the last part with the ditches. Most definitely unridable with the exception of a few short sections. Hiking down them with a bike is treacherous. The bottom of the trench is barely wide enough for both feet. Some have granite that is now polished to a deceptively slick finish. But the opposite of boring, I suppose.

For a Pisgah ride it sure lacked views, rocks and ridable techy stuff. Overall it was a decent ride in the hills and a good fitness builder. However, not in a hurry to go back to that section of Wilson's anytime soon.
yeah...i usually do a figure 8 with woodruff and then 21/schoolhouse. 21/schoolhouse isn’t the most tech, unless you go stupid fast. yancey is the preferable route in that area right now, i guess. day in teh hills is still a day in teh hills tho!