Quantcast

*** Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY, GMT! ***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
slept ok, even with Baby Aya coming in once overnight (again) for a bad dream and needing some snuggles

/me is working 7-5 again today and is not fully awake quite yet

<yawn>

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey bros
slept okay. had a date night with a big meal so that sometimes helps.

feeling better so will try and ride today. need to do some shit around the house. Tempted to just "splurge" and buy some AXS for the tri bike.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Crappy sleep as well. It seems at some point last night I have jacked up my lower back.

Slowly getting ready and will try to go riding.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Work day. Lots to do today. Kart service post- and prep-pre race. Resume revamp. And prep work for the RFP next week. Buddy with the Boxster turned kart might come over and give Hannah her first ride.

Wifey will be at MIL will Haley helping get the condo cleaned. MIL's sister and BIL will be here Tuesday and staying there, so it's a big deal to get it clean. We've made a huge headway, but there's still a ways to go.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Re: sleep, I set my ALARM on a Sunday so I could get my run done when it was 55 degrees. So, I was up at 6:00 to run and felt great. I breezed through 17 miles at 7:26 pace, after struggling through 5 miles yesterday. It's weird how that happens. I didn't pedal yesterday so I will do that this afternoon.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Still unsure how prepared I should be for this alleged hurricane. Seems like either I’m supposed to get sand bags and stockpile toilet paper, or not worry about it at all, but nobody knows which one

Hopefully the rain softens up some dirt in the garden, rototilling yesterday was a bit of a bust, need a demo hammer to get through my stupid dirt.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Well, this tropical storm is going to be interesting. It’s raining. It’s warmer than it usually is in our rainy season so it’s humid and weird out.

Now to wait for the disaster.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Well, this tropical storm is going to be interesting. It’s raining. It’s warmer than it usually is in our rainy season so it’s humid and weird out.

Now to wait for the disaster.
At least with a good dump of rain you won't have that lingering smell from 6 months of rehydrated urine.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I'm going to hold on to your weather a little longer before I give it back. This is kind of a nice change
Was just discussing with the wife, climate change has been fucking awesome this year. I’ll burn as many tires as it takes and cut off every catalytic converter in the state if it means I can keep this weather.

Work is closed tomorrow due to said weather, guess I’ll be floating in the pool drinking a beer? If the weather is gunna act like it’s in Costa Rica, so am I

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Rode in what I think was spokanese smoke this morning. Riding in a smoky forest is trippy - in a “this looks kinda cool, but is absolutely not cool” kind of way.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Went down the rabbit hole about the chain falling off this morning into early afternoon. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy... Shift of the engine mount leads to side load on the front sprocket. Front sprocket, which is attached to the clutch assembly via the camshaft, ends up stressing the needle bearings they mount around the camshaft on. That stressing leads to play, which leads to drag of the chain on the clutch assembly (see slowing). That bearing stressing leads to cross-loading of the chain to the rear sprocket - with two effects: 1. Chain popping off, or 2. side loading the rear sprocket mounting assembly which can shift.

We had all of the above happen. I will be halfway to the shop on Wednesday for my RFP, so I will head over and drop it off for them to look at again. When she isn't starting in the back, she's moving fine and staying with the group competitively. So far mechanicals have been her biggest issue around qualifying, so I need to get this sorted out. When things are working, she's moving fast, so this needs to be resolved.