Quantcast

***Sunday's GMT***

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
@AngryMetalsmith don't think it was binded...maybe just not cutting quite straight? not used to a blade that long and flexible...and was cutting quickly so as to not hold up family hike...

where'd you ride?
There's a bit of a learning curve with the BigBoy and cutting on the pull stroke. Probably not something you should do in a hurry until you've had some practice. That thing can fuck you up if you slip. Ben Meadows has the best deal on replacement blades.

Check the birthday thread for ride details.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
yeah Cancer is a bitch
Speaking of which, we just found out that the mom of one of Haley's bff's from her early pre-school (2.5 y/o) just died from breast cancer. She was legitimately one of the nicest people I have ever met and the world will be at a loss because of her death.

I saw her at school just over a month ago and you would have had no idea that the cancer had come back. She was the most positive, wonderful person she always had been. Not the slightest idea that the cancer was back in full force with a vengeance.

This one is going to be hard to explain to Haley. She worked at the school and her bff was in class straight through until 2 months ago. Haley saw her basically every day from 2.5 until 5. When she got hurt, that is whose lap she sat on. When she wanted a hug, that is who gave her a hug. It's gonna be a rough one telling her for sure.

There's a bit of a learning curve with the BigBoy and cutting on the pull stroke. Probably not something you should do in a hurry until you've had some practice. That thing can fuck you up if you slip. Ben Meadows has the best deal on replacement blades.

Check the birthday thread for ride details.
Yeah, you have to be careful with the Silkeys not to power into the push stroke so as to avoid bending or breaking the blade.