Quantcast

***Sundaze GMT***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
up at 5 to feed the dogs then I need to head out to go do an EMT standby. Coffee and breakfast once I get there. If its like yesterday it will be in the 70s and I shall be in shorts once again :banana:

On edit: I am at the showgrounds and of course it's 35* out. But the espresso is good and the campers furnace has me nice and toasty.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Watching some Olympics is in the cards, and then a 3 pm performance in HR.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rain. :twitch:
Also, one of the who-knows-how-old extension springs in the garage door broke yesterday so I have to take care of that. I didn't see any color coding on it so the fun of figuring out what weight I need begins. :dead:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Rain. :twitch:
Also, one of the who-knows-how-old extension springs in the garage door broke yesterday so I have to take care of that. I didn't see any color coding on it so the fun of figuring out what weight I need begins. :dead:
Careful with garage door repairs. Last time someone from rm attempted this they lost 3 fingertips.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
stomach bug friday....ninja slills unlocked....

while heaving guts i was able to stave off vesuvius like ass eruption at the sametime....

almost like keeping your eyes open while sneezing....

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I'm getting close to 3000 a4 script pages read in the last 20 days and my brain is melting. I love this part of my job but the fact that it all concentrates in 4 months of the year can't be good for my brain.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Careful with garage door repairs. Last time someone from rm attempted this they lost 3 fingertips.
:stupid:

IMO that's one of those jobs totally worth paying someone else to do.
Srsly - pay someone insured tho fuck with that door...
I hate those goddamned springs. I replaced with wind-up springs on both doors in the past couple of years.

One door is done, two more doors to go. It was a 15 minutes job per side but I might have gone for 10lbs lighter spring, the door is now kinda floaty. Bonus - I can still count to 10 with my fingers. :D

New spring with new safety cable in the front, old spring in the back - I'll replace that pair next weekend.

Bro skiing in 3 weeks?
I should be able to make that work!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I think I just had one of the most fun rides I've ever had. 4" of powder at Buffalo Creek and those downhills were amazing fun through the snow.

edit: 11.5miles, 1800ft vert and about 3.5hours of fun. Here's an action shot of wifey about to make an impromptu snow angel.
20180211_132043_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
writing a resignation letter when you have much to say but can't say any of it is no fun. oh well, two weeks and it'll be all in the past. I think I'll have a drink!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Kids tested the limits of my patience this weekend. I can't wait to go to work tomorrow.

Cooked a flank steak in the frying pan with a few table spoons of butter, boiled some small potatoes in salt water, and made a spinach, walnut and strawberry salad. Much winning. Chilean Tarapacá was an excellent accompaniment.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Not a useful answer. I'd be quite hesitant to put anything in writing, and I'm reasonably confidant that companies can't legally require it.
Legally required no, but it's a formality that helps keeping the Jimmie's from being rustled. Especially in industries where everyone knows someone.