Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Left over pizza and coffee for breakfast still don't make it any easier to drag my ass into work. Yesterday and the hot springs and in Salida were wonderful, if awfully windy. Florence Brewing is legit as well.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Raining. Pulled the plug on riding. 1. It sucks for the trails. 2. It sucks for the bike. 3. The only loop that handles rain well I did on Thursday. 4. The last time I rode in these conditions it was pretty miserable.

So now I'm shopping for rubber boots at marks work warehouse for commuting to work in the rain. I'm sitting in a suburban strip mall parking lot waiting for the store to open. I can't believe people do this on a regular basis. Such a sad existence.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Back still is sore after naproxen, acetaminophen, and a soak in the whirlpool tub. I think I’ll be belaying rather than climbing today.

I also forgot to pull the leftovers out of the vehicle last night. Whoops.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Didn’t sleep much last night after waiting until the wee hours for the boys to stop making fart noises and the girls to stop giggling. Wanted them racked out before we laid down. Woke up before the little punks to be sure all remained civil in the morning. Made them pancakes and waffles. Nerf guns were out before 8 and I sent them to the woods to lose ammo and play.

Our house got SO loud. So I am now sitting in the sun on the front step hanging out with the hummingbirds—we have four living in The tree in the neighbor’s front yard, but they hang out in my garden visiting their feeder there all day. They are so used to me they will come fly and hover in front of my face and just look at me... I think they are pretty cool. It’s my little Zen stoop.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Back held out for climbing. Had biscuits and gravy at a new local breakfast joint, which was only ok except for exceptionally tasty fresh squeezed oj. Working 5-10 tonight.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Oy were my legs dead from yesterdays dirt ride at the start of today's road ride. It took over ten miles for them to get loose but i still didn't have any snap to them. I could grind away up the hills and into the headwinds but out of the saddle efforts were out of the question. Still I have to be happy with 35 miles, 1250' of climbing in just a hair over 2 hours.

cold drink, shower then eat some grub is in order

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Neighbor paid us $400 to regrade his driveway. I did it with a backhoe. Armored his driveway swale with cobble for shits and giggles. I am going to go back and replace his drainpipe at the end of his driveway where it meets the state ditch. He's 90 and can no longer do the upkeep on his place. He has no family and the bears ate all of his winter chickens and he has no firewood supplies. I worked out a deal where I will sell all the Cobble he has in exchange for firewood. We shall see.Done deal...

Bear is the name of the neighbors dog. I had thought a actual Bear ate his chickens. Bears only eat garbage around here....

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Climbing on an already sore back is good because it’s active recovery, right? Well, I took a nap then could barely get out of the bed and stand upright. Ugh.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Where is the weekend gone? Both window sashes are now re-glazed and the putty is drying before painted with primer later next week. The window frame has been stripped of old cracked paint, painted and caulked. Then I replaced a failed ignition coil in the Beetle, the one I replaced a couple years ago failed. As I am waiting for spare parts for my Stage before I can service the air spring, I put my spare fork on the bike and rode a little this evening. I miss the Stage.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
no riding, but took the fam for a stroll at the local erban trail system, which is an interesting place. the had a blast running on the elevated old mini railbeds that were once part of a septic treatment system (affectionately known as the poo tracks) and then on the jump line.

sample ramdom image of said railbeds (there's a big grid of them-all the spaces below filled with poison ivy):

now, homemade chicken pot pie, beers, and getting ahead on some work, as wife is in charlottesville Tues-Fri.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Spent most of yesterday working on the race car and getting high...

Then pick up some treats for the Tundra because, well, them bikes don't shuttle themselves...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Paging Westy!
Neighbor paid us $400 to regrade his driveway. I did it with a backhoe. Armored his driveway swale with cobble for shits and giggles. I am going to go back and replace his drainpipe at the end of his driveway where it meets the state ditch. He's 90 and can no longer do the upkeep on his place. He has no family and the bears ate all of his winter chickens and he has no firewood supplies. I worked out a deal where I will sell all the Cobble he has in exchange for firewood. We shall see.Done deal...
The old guy needs to get some parakeets to keep the bears away

Bear Gif all the threads

white bears have fundamentals

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Pedaled a bit around town. Crossed paths with buses full of tourists. I felt like I was playing frogger, but instead of cars and crocodiles I was dodging Asians experiencing life through their phone screens and SLR viewfinders. I prefer the city when it is raining.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Is "polebarn" a country way of saying "dongshed"?
A Pole barn is just a barn. I am not sure why it is called a polebarn but it is. A family of cats lives in it. It has stalls in it so I assume Glenn once had horses. When Glenn passes, my brother and I will take over his property.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A Pole barn is just a barn. I am not sure why it is called a polebarn but it is. A family of cats lives in it. It has stalls in it so I assume Glenn once had horses. When Glenn passes, my brother and I will take over his property.

A pole barn is a utility building made by forgoing a traditional foundation and one simply buries poles into the ground for the main support structure.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
In the South, especially in mountain communities, a Pole Cat is a Skunk.

I've never seen a weasel dead on the side of the road, but I see Skunks every time I drive.
Jesus where is Sydasti? He needs to clear this up for us. Everything is on hold around here until we get this shit straightened out. Fucking Chaos I tell you.... Westy knows things also and he is holding out on us....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Jesus where is Sydasti? He needs to clear this up for us. Everything is on hold around here until we get this shit straightened out. Fucking Chaos I tell you.... Westy knows things also and he is holding out on us....
Syadasti is still out researching bears with poor grammar skills.

I always heard "pole cat" came from the two while stripes(pole) running down the back of a furry looking cat(skunk). In the country there is occasionally a stupid kid who goes to pick up the kitty and gets sprayed.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Syadasti is still out researching bears with poor grammar skills.

I always heard "pole cat" came from the two while stripes(pole) running down the back of a furry looking cat(skunk). In the country there is occasionally a stupid kid who goes to pick up the kitty and gets sprayed.
I may regret this... But I am going with you on this one just to keep things moving along.... We call skunks, skunks. Just so that if someone calls out skunk we can act in a cohesive manner and all avoid getting sprayed.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I may regret this... But I am going with you on this one just to keep things moving along.... We call skunks, skunks. Just so that if someone calls out skunk we can act in a cohesive manner and all avoid getting sprayed.
Oh no doubt, I call them skunks as well. Pole Cat is an old Hilly Billy term anyways.

Just out of curiosity, you being a Northerner and all, what would it mean to you if someone referred to another person as "country dumb" ?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Oh no doubt, I call them skunks as well. Pole Cat is an old Hilly Billy term anyways.

Just out of curiosity, you being a Northerner and all, what would it mean to you if someone referred to another person as "country dumb" ?
The same way I feel when they call me a white ni**er. I can justify choking a bitch out a lot easier then you to qualify....

If you pronounce Niger, Ni**er then you're just a asshole....

Last edited: