Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Kids woke up at 7 am old time, so not too bad, I guess?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
got 8 hours of sleep YAY. 45* outside 52 in the camper so first thing I did was turn on the propane furnace, second thing was start making coffee. this is the third thing.....

Short workday today first ride is at 9am last is at 12:45pm. I should be out of here by 1:30 and home by 3pm

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I stabbed a guy, yesterday.
In the 9 years I've been involved in suspension, I've never pierced anyone, until now. When your best friend gives you the green light to throw your fist hook in him for his birthday, you take that opportunity. It held him up in the air, so I'm calling it a success.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I stabbed a guy, yesterday.
In the 9 years I've been involved in suspension, I've never pierced anyone, until now. When your best friend gives you the green light to throw your fist hook in him for his birthday, you take that opportunity. It held him up in the air, so I'm calling it a success.
Do you guys use sterile needles and do local anesthetic with lidocaine or the like? Or are you all just masochists (clearly :D) and just go for it?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Do you guys use sterile needles and do local anesthetic with lidocaine or the like? Or are you all just masochists (clearly :D) and just go for it?
We sterilize everything we can. Whatever we can't, we still use the cleanest items we can, aiming for aseptic technique. Many of the practitioners are professional piercers and tattoo artists, so they are quite familiar. Our crew has all been required to get BBP certified, including myself.

As for anesthetic, that isn't part of the process. The experience is the experience. Not everyone is masochistic, but some are, and I've seen people orgasm from it. Others just want to know. Others see it is a ritual and experiencing the pain is meaningful for them. Others do it as art, and they are willing to suffer for it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My front DHF doesn't really have any meaningful side knobs left, it tried to kill me for the second ride in a row this morning.

Maybe I should take the hint and swap it out.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
My house didn't go up in flames but I was not this scared for a long time. A small section of the gutter has been stripped off old paint, partially burned and and painted today. I hope I'll have one more warm-ish weekend before winter to finish this darned project.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Cooked a big pot of Rice. Put Corn, Carrots, Peppers, and Onions in it. No spices or anything in it so I can use it during the week for other things.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Nice dinner tonight at an ex-colleague’s house. His family, mine, and a third co-worker’s family. It’s good to have work friends, even though one left in July and the other is leaving in March. We have a recurring dinner plan every month or two so we stay in touch.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Birthday outing with wifee and friends (his wife's b-day too) was a great success. Started with cocktails at The Bistro, an extravagant dinner which included mussels, meatballs, bolognese, steak, a couple bottles of wine, and then finished the evening hot tubbing with:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Birthday outing with wifee and friends (his wife's b-day too) was a great success. Started with cocktails at The Bistro, an extravagant dinner which included mussels, meatballs, bolognese, steak, a couple bottles of wine, and then finished the evening hot tubbing with:

You really know how to celebrate Toshi's birthday.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
hung with wife in durham while mil came here to stay with kids. good times. nice hike on new hope creek today. back at it tomorrow...hoping to dig-n-ride a bit on tuesday.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
so that was you!!
I'm not in that picture (and I wasn't at that event), but those are my friends in that pic. The guy with blue gloves on is the guy I pierced on Saturday. I've met Dave a few times, and been involved in some of his suspensions. He's always been very nice.