Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Dinner out with work friends last night—Avelina is pretty tasty. Finally a day today without much on the docket, maybe just a trip to REI.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
swapped valve stems out, and put fresh sealent in my bicycle tires last night, fortunately things did not end up looking like @TN 's day job when I went to reseat the tires

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
replaced drivers side windshield wiper that was frozen to windshield and exploded when i turned car on and left wipers on from the might before....

i think they should just go ahead and make the wiper blade and arm all one unit....would be easier to replace.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
69C85332-3BCB-44B9-A372-A2F0F1961855.jpeg
D1D42D32-6CAD-4D95-B961-7439B925D78F.jpeg

recovering from yesterday’s annual “tour duh charlotte” - riding all over town with stops at short race stages (for those who are silly enough to race - as seen above, we fall into the heckle camp).

it’s always a good excuse for epic day drinking and shenanigans.

had to up the stoutlebak game...so went with the all new and improved imperial stoutlebak. various other beers, whiskey, questionable margaritas, tequila, and moonshine also consumed along the way. of course it started and ended at a brewery. rain held off all day. large muddy puddles most others were walking around were conquered. sketchy lines were created where none had existed before. and sad racers were mercilessly heckled. bueno.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Made it back to Denver without traffic. Errands now. Vail/Beaver Creek are fucking expensive. Wifey voluntarily stated she liked the vibe at Copper/Winter Park better, so more middle class ftw.

Off to Costco.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I watched Brawl in Cell Block 99 while pedaling the bike trainer for two hours. Vince Vaughn in a serious, take no shit, ass kicker role is not something I am used to seeing. A couple of scenes made me yell "OHHH!" at the TV.

Wife dragged me along on her five mile run after because she likes to have company. After racing yesterday, my legs are now toast.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Lazy day, didn't do shit besides wrenching on bikes, also fixed next door buddy's snowblower with a blown engine. He needs to order a new crank case cover gasket though.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I thought you had decided that a new engine was required.
It was highly unlikely we could make the old engine work, I had to dremel off some material from the piston and the cylinder to make the piston complete a revolution. He just cleared a section of his driveway with it but the jury is still out whether it can survive a proper snow storm job.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Today was a good day. Perhaps the best of the winter . Had a great solo ride this morning in pretty much perfect conditions. Got back, had lunch, loaded the car with skis, and took the boy to the ski hill He had three of his best buddies there. Coverage was pretty much full, and it was perfect spring corn. The kids pretty much skied on their own, and the parents got to hang back and ski at our own rate.

I had stashed a couple of beers in the snow bank where I parked the car and had parked where we could ski right to the car.. We hit last chair, and I cracked a beer before even taking my skis off! Perfect!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Road this morning, then rode this afternoon.

I had a hikers dog decided to bite my rear tyre as I was stopped waiting for them to pass. Thankfully small teeth and stans sealed the tiny hole.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Road this morning, then rode this afternoon.

I had a hikers dog decided to bite my rear tyre as I was stopped waiting for them to pass. Thankfully small teeth and stans sealed the tiny hole.
Punt it like the last one?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Since everything was too muddy from the snow/rain I did what any self respecting mountain biker would do. I took a nap. Only to be woken up by a Girl Scout Mom delivering cookies. Freakin corn syrup pushers.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Wifey voluntarily stated she liked the vibe at Copper/Winter Park better, so more middle class ftw
So buy the Ikon pass already! I'm with you on Vail/Beaver Creek and even Breckenridge to some extent. I'm not foreign or rich enough.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So buy the Ikon pass already! I'm with you on Vail/Beaver Creek and even Breckenridge to some extent. I'm not foreign or rich enough.
It's the RMSP+. I just realized that. $750 for me and Haley... Ugh. I'm going to wait for my replacement cc to show up. I forgot mine at the top of Vail and realized when I got to the car. No way I was going back up to get it.

Steamboat trip next year?