Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Want more sleep.
Ditto. Smoke detector in one of the kid rooms started chirping at midnight. I couldn’t localize it (didn’t want to open doors and wake kids or snooozing wife) and replaced the batteries in a different one in the hall, to no avail.

This morning I replaced the 9Vs in the upstairs bedrooms including the offender. Why does this always happen in the middle of the night?!

with an ax in one hand and a chainsaw in the other :D

coffee
link to full story?
We had a rider up Monkton way who chose to create some singletrack on the land of a very touchy farmer. The farmer dropped trees across that, and has subsequently been blocking trails both on his own land and on that of a few other land owners. The rider's pretty much of a loner and a little hard to deal with. I have met the owner a couple of times, and had been quietly negotiating for access over a period of years, now a bomb has been dropped in the middle of that. I need to figure out how to get the farmer talking and see if we can negotiate a truce.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Two rides yesterday up in the mountains, explored some new to me trails and demo’ed bikes. Ended the day at a brewery that gives free beer if you ride a certain number of miles and/or vertical in the area, verified by a ride tracking service. So basically, show ‘em your Strava for free beer. My gal and I rode 12.5 miles and about 2k vert, Good for a free pint for each of us even though I’m the only Strava dork.

We had a rider up Monkton way who chose to create some singletrack on the land of a very touchy farmer. The farmer dropped trees across that, and has subsequently been blocking trails both on his own land and on that of a few other land owners. The rider's pretty much of a loner and a little hard to deal with. I have met the owner a couple of times, and had been quietly negotiating for access over a period of years, now a bomb has been dropped in the middle of that. I need to figure out how to get the farmer talking and see if we can negotiate a truce.
Buena suerte.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Lawns mowed, car washed, kids making cookies with MIL. Kids in little chef hats is a pretty cute sight.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode with some old friends in the Whole forest in Lowell in the morning, before the alleged storms would hit. It rained all night, I woke up to a hot and humid day, the ride was super slippery (all rocks wet and slimey) and fun. Now I am pooped but I have a long todo list for the rest of the day. A G&T will give me back my missing energy, right? Right?

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
My FiOS internet has been in the shitter for the past couple of weeks. I could not do a simple skype voice call with my parents today. Terrible latency, low speed, intermittent connectivity gaps. Trying to resolve this with VZ agents, I don't believe in a resolution anytime soon. What makes me truly pissed is that the only alternative is fucking Comcast...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Looking into getting a hitch for the wife's new car. Anything else I should consider besides Curt? When I had my Tacoma I had uhaul install one. Considering self install this time around.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It’s an Outback, iirc. Check the installation instructions. If it’s just bolt on then do it yourself. If removal of trim or bumper cover is mentioned then run away.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
18 outback. Directions say exhaust has to be dropped, and drilling and trimming required.
In my case, the arms of the Kurt needed significant bending to fit in the pre-drilled holes in the car frame, there was no way I could do it myself without a car lift and another strong dude.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
18 outback. Directions say exhaust has to be dropped, and drilling and trimming required.
Uhaul that shit up then. And take off the logo afterwards, especially if it’s not aligned just right, eh?

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I've installed a few curt and hidden hitches (via https://www.etrailer.com/) on a couple of our subys.

I did have to drill or widen a hole or two and fish the line (with washers and nuts attached) on the last one, a 2010 Forester.

It was a bit frustrating (mostly just wiggling the rubber grommets off to lower exhaust, recommend lubing the grommets with silicone spray or WD40) but not too bad.

A 2 beer job if I recall... would bang again

Last edited:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL

Woah. Always amaze me how one person can screw up the work of others so quickly.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Meh. I managed to put together a rain barrel stand from two pressure treated 6x2s without cutting any of my fingers off.
Now chugging some Redbull because who is the lucky guy who has to work tonight to make my new bosses a little happier tomorrow? :twitch: