Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
A bunch of us planned to go to the local DH place, so of course it rains after no rain for weeks. They shut the trails down when it's wet because of the slippery clay...

Let's see what plan b brings.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I think I got the right headset
I think I got the wrong headset
I think I got the wrong headset
:panic:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Power steering hoses being replaced on M today, then two kid birthday parties. SOOOOOO excited. I've been chewing on it for a while and I think that I'm realistically going to sell the M and take what I can get out of it; just finishing the things I already have parts for. The rod bearings are a $3k bomb waiting to happen and I just can't sit on that with the gremlins. Wifey and I have talked about it before and I think that my "fun" car will come into play in retirement.

We're debating selling the Subie as well and just taking the combined funds and getting another 7-seater with eternal life: Lexus GX460, 200-Series Land Cruiser, or LX470. You can grab a 2015 GX460 at 30k for about what I can sell both cars for, so we'd be getting the new tech in a car that will live forever. The LC and LX you can grab for $40k with about 100k, and those are also effectively eternal cars. The GX and LC are taking point right now if we go that route.

The second 7-seater is making more sense given MIL is moving out and the whole family won't fit into the Subie. Also the Infiniti is going to be sold before the warranty expires in 3 years; fucking piece of shit instrument cluster.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Halfway back up and the summit again. I pushed more than I liked but 5 miles of mostly downhill will be worth it. :)

See you monkeys tomorrow.

EDIT: The first image is incorrect; I took it for @Montana rider. 2 1/2 miles down the Whitehall side hang a right to Beaver Ponds and drop out at The Virgin Mary, head down the highway about 1/2 a mile back to CTD.

This is the trail I rode:

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I and the family are in Coos Bay. Hanging here with my parents until Friday, then Seattle via Eugene airport until the Wednesday after that.

I like not working.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
It has been raining all day long here with only a few breaks. Finished one window restoration, then converted Stage to new air spring. I think I need another beer now.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I approve of this message, assuming LX 570.
Actually 470. I'm really hesitant about the air suspension on the 570 which can't be removed/replaced. With a late-model 470, you get the nicer Lexus aspects, but it's still a LC.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Actually 470. I'm really hesitant about the air suspension on the 570 which can't be removed/replaced. With a late-model 470, you get the nicer Lexus aspects, but it's still a LC.
All 470s have AHC/AVS on the rear axle... basically you’d have my LC 100 but with memory seats, a bit of wood on the wheel, and that hideous spider eye styling. Pro tip: up at altitude they are not quick at all, even the later VVTi 5 speed ones (as was mine and all other 2006+).