Quantcast

Sunrise Trip Opening Day!

markskee

Chimp
Aug 26, 2005
Los Angeles
Ok whos in? (May 25th - May 28th)

Thinking of leaveing Friday after work staying till Monday morning. This means ride all day Saturday and Sunday. (MTB Lift $18.00) per day. It also means 3 nights in the hotel at $69.00 per night (2 beds). I don't know much about camping but if anyone has info post up. I am thinking we could split the room cost for sure, and if anyone has a truck that would be great to carry the bikes. It sounds like alot of folks from AZ will be going and I am just trying to gather a few to cut cost and have a good time.

Anyone is welcome DH or XC let's show up and have some fun.

:cheers:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Hopefully I'm in. I'm rehabbing my spine and legs 3 times a week at the chiropracter these days. :plthumbsdown:

Might be easier to get a motel the following weekend.

A.P.B

Chimp
Jan 6, 2006
You wont have any problem getting a room and you can check out their rooms for ten doolar no tv or stuff like that but they do have bunkd beds:lighten:

doodoobi

Chimp
Dec 27, 2006
hawaii/temporary in AZ
i'm down like two flat tires!!!! I vote on camping out some where near the mountain! Freakn' cheap and you can get drunk and roudy with out any hotel neighbors getting piss. Hopefully they allow camp fires. Anyone know of fire restrictions going on here in AZ? oh yeah post up for info on where to camp!!!!!

markskee

Chimp
Aug 26, 2005
Los Angeles
Camping:
Sunrise Campground is located at the entrance of the Sunrise Park Resort. It is a primitive campground in the quiet pines away from the hustle and bustle of city life. There are approximately 200 sites which can accomodate anything from a tent to large motorhomes. There are no modern facilities or hookups. Port-a-jons and water are available throughout the campground. Tables and firepits are at most sites. The campground is operated and maintained by the White Mountain Apache Game and Fish Department. There is a permit required, $8.00 per vehicle, which can be purchased from the General Store.

Hotel: I have a freind who is a manager for Hilton Resorts and I am working on getting free rooms or severley discounted! Looks like Doube Tree is in the area which is a Hilton brand hotel usualy has a Coozy too!

:banana: :banana::banana:

doodoobi

Chimp
Dec 27, 2006
hawaii/temporary in AZ
That would be sweet if you could swing the hotel rooms!!

I still kinda favor the camping.

Then again if we got the room(s) cheap, a nice sweet bed would hurt.

Jap-Z, you should pull a weekend trip down here for just this ride!!!! It would be sweet.

A.P.B

Chimp
Jan 6, 2006
The closet hotel other then the Lodge is back in Pine top or over in Greer. If you don't want to stay at the lodge then camp out the camp ground are fairly nice but it will be cold.
Jap Zero I am heading up to Sunrise after Angel fire the first week in June you should head out to Angel fire Mike Hari Aron And kyle are going for the race.

JapaneseZero

Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Virginia
Cant right now... real busy at work... I went for my first "real" ride yesterday on a path that goes around the san fran bay. it was a good time and i even got the tires in some dirt finally. I feel good but know if i take a spill ill be back to square 1.

A.P.B

Chimp
Jan 6, 2006
Hey dude didnt see the paart where your still a couple month out from rideing Heal fast so we can at least do bootleg agin next year.

Keep in touch

Andy

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Dang... that's the weekend of the Chile Challenge in Angel Fire, otherwise I would definitely entertain joining you fools for some DH.

markskee

Chimp
Aug 26, 2005
Los Angeles
Looks like Doodooboi Crazy Jeff & Myself Camping possibly a room stay if we find a cheep one on the way in. I Like the outdoors and dont mind not shaveing or showering...:banana:

If you are in Stink along with Kyle then we wont fit the tent so we will do a room let me know.

markskee

Chimp
Aug 26, 2005
Los Angeles
I can fit one bike on top & 1 in car = not much room for gear maybe Jeff will take his Jeep you can ride with him and I will go solo with the gear.

:lighten: We will talk about it tomorrow.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Kyle doesn't have his Banshee built up, and his wife won't let him out of her sight for more than a day, :disgust1: so he's prolly out.

I've got seven more weeks of rehab on the back, so I'm prolly out as well. :dead:

It's a good time up there. Have fun and I insist on photos of Jeff getting arrested for being drunk and disorderly! :monkeydance:

A.P.B

Chimp
Jan 6, 2006
Full trucker are you headed to angel fire we are heading out on the Thursday before and have a condo set up are you going up with a group or by your self. I think you were out in Fontana the last race of their series weren't you?

bigdonut

Chimp
Mar 10, 2005
PHX
R U seriously camping out? I could c possibilities with room rental. What's the hotel options near the mountain? Or is Showlow the closest thing?

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
Are there links to sites with pictures of riding from Sunset? I have heard a bunch of stuff about the place and maybe worth driving to next time we stop by PHX.

sixsixtysix

Monkey
Mar 6, 2005
Hell
Bender as in local big Bender?:confused:

Just a FYI, the rooms are at "Holiday rates" this weekend, I called to make my reservations yesterday and they are $89/night. Still not terrible, but I would hate so see someone get up there and get screwed.

I know some of the Cactus crew is headed up Saturday morning. I am headed up Sat morning, leaving PHX at 5am so I can be there when the mountain opens.

Hopefully the maintenance crews up there have cleared up any downed tree's etc so there isn't a ton of maintenance to be done to get some riding in. I know Chutes and Ladders needs alot of work from what James was saying.

Anyways, the weather looks like its gonna be awesome, 75-80 and sunny on Sat/Sun should beat the way that last season ended in the snow :clapping:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
What's the situation Marky Mark?

Camping? Rooms with 15 guys each or what? :bonk:

You and/or Doobi gimme a call tonight and lemme know.