Quantcast

Suntour Rebounds into High End Market: New DH Fork and more

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009
suntour lead.jpg
New Suntour goodies from Sea Otter...check em!
---

By Brice Minnigh
Photos: Anthony Smith
Courtesy of http://www.bikemag.com

After several years in the mass market, Suntour is refocusing much of its efforts on higher-end suspension, introducing a new 650B fork and a long-anticipated downhill model.

The company is throwing its chips in with 650B, developing a fork for what it anticipates will be the dominant wheel size in the near future.

In addition, it has unveiled its long-in-the-making DH fork, the RUX—which, in a nod to the late guitar maestro Jimi Hendrix, stands for ‘Are You Experienced’—complete with internals that allow for easy DIY-style adjustments.

26-inch? 29-inch? 27.5-inch? At least one thing remains the same: There are still two wheels.

The carbon lowers to Suntour’s new 650B fork are enveloped by alloy dropouts.

Tight and trim—650B is a hair’s breadth away from going mainstream.

Lock, Stock and One Smoking Barrel.

Suntour’s long-awaited RUX stands tall with 200 millimeters of self-tuneable travel.

Eject and unwind—Suntour’s new tool-less through-axle.

The dual-crown jewel in Suntour’s new lineup.

Adjust your own spring rate via removable spacers.

Use Suntour’s zip-clip for a clean and tidy setup. And if you lose your zip-clip, a zip-tie will do.

[fblike]http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249781&p=3778950#post3778950[/fblike]

baca262

Monkey
Aug 16, 2011
if the chassis turns out good enough, this + aftermarket cart will be very nice bang per $

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
if the chassis turns out good enough, this + aftermarket cart will be very nice bang per $
or, if the whole fork turns out alright, this + mounting on a bicycle will be very nice bang per $.

Aftermarket is not the solution for everybody.

exnate

Chimp
Mar 3, 2012
i think suntour has been in the game long enough now that they have all the resources and $$$ to make it happen,the problem in the past is that they were targeting the wrong group of riders!!I beleive they fallowed the money bye the masses policy instead of the ones that spend 3 to 10,000 on there bikes and thats realy were the money is,its much bigger than most would think,there isnt a dought in my mind if they set there minds to it they can be right up there with the big boys,the stuff they mass produce and throw out there now is on the edge of being halfway ridable.so with minimal effort and some trial and error,i bet they will be a name to beat in the near future,expecialy from a price for product point of veiw.im looking forward to riding a double and seing how theyve progressed as a company,will they be the next fox of course not!!!unfortunatly theyve allready got a bad rap on the backs,but budget consciance riders are going to eat it up,I think x-fusion is going to be the next big dog there coming in a dead sprint to the top there so underated its rediculous,what you get for youre money almost seems like a steal.but they going to continue to grow and there prices are half of the big f and there weights are on point and product quality is top notch as well.but im glad to see suntour take a stab into the big game.ityl be interesting to see how this turns out,but i wont be the first to run out and try for myself!!ill patiantly await for feedback before they get any more of my dollars lol

Last edited:

exnate

Chimp
Mar 3, 2012
o ya lets see how long it takes them to throw a kashima type finish on there forks.or at least as an option for a few more bucks i bet it comes along with the new forks.kashima coating for some reason seems to more of a ''thing'' than 650 b maybe they should invest the extra dollars there insted,and the statement that sram is focusing n the 650b market makes me laugh.of course they are.what else can they do.next there be a new drivetrain option for 650 b as well bye sram as well.u cant sell the same thing forever!!whats going to be the new 10 speed mtb craze is what im wondering.that got alot of people to swap there whole drivetrains out and spend all to much money for minimal benefit.personaly i feel i can get the same benefits simply bye changing the gearing in my 9 speed rings.but it certainly worked thats for sure.what will they have for us next in the drivetrain department is what i want to see