Quantcast

Super Clean Gearbox out of NZ

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Mine's sub 41lbs with 888s and Avy cart, Avy shock, but rides a lot lighter. These bikes are fast, and ride light enough, I'd nearly say the weight between your legs, and low is nearly beneficial as a counter balance.
Every race so far in Oz I know of that has X amount of Zerodes show up has the same amount of Zerodes on the podium.
Get a ride, you'll see, get a decent ride, and you'll buy one(need to learn to shift any time, and get used to the light rear end). So much fun, so little ****ing about with them mechanically.

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
1.5lbs drop in weight? Finally! That will take it to normal bike weight range. Now I'm really interested.

Owennn

Monkey
Mar 10, 2009
32 crank, 16 Alfine input (tooth count needs to add to 48, not enough vertical adjustment for other numbers), 26 Alfine output, 20 back wheel.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Sad. Met him once and rode a couple laps at Whistler "together". Funny guy and rode like a madman!

Sad news. Condolences.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
He was friends with a lot of my friends and I met him and gabby a few times in the past couple years when they were visiting, typically after a phat wednesday race at the GLC....my heart goes out to everyone who knew and loved him.

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
bummer. Was he the engineering brains behind everything?? I have been really intrested in seeing these guys come out with more products.

Well wishes to his family and friends.

Wilhelm

Monkey
Aug 10, 2003

James "Dodzy" DODDS (right) & Rob METZ (left), ZERODE Bikes.
Courtesy Spoke (The mountain biker´s journal)

RIP James. May God has delivered you immediately from your severe wounds.

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
terrible news. so young, with a promising future. RIP. hopefully zerode can continue on in his absence.
I don't think that's an issue - rob (degreed mech engineer) has more than enough brains, and is a well wicked rider himself, and lives and breathes mtb and zerode.

Once again RIP James, and big hugs and love to Gabby and his family.

Last edited:

Sonic Reducer

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
seattle worshington
holy ****, I was talking to him in whistler village during crankworx. He was happy to talk to me about his frame design and the alfine function, and was really friendly. seems like only yesterday. :( :( :(

olie

Chimp
Nov 7, 2004
Newcastle, Uk
Pretty stupid advert to have at the bottom of page about someone being shot!

Edit: R.I.P - makes me want a Zerode even more if that's even possible!

Wrong Ad.png

Last edited:

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
What a **** thing to happen, being shot by your own hunting mate. Poor bastard that shot him will have a life of regret I'd imagine.