Quantcast

Super Slow weight training

Scotty

Chimp
Jul 9, 2001
Delaware
Has anyone ever tried "Super-Slow" weight training? I read about it sveral months ago and have been doing it on some of my workouts. It's pretty tough and I can only use light weights, but it's a great workout. Something different. You basicaly control you weight and do a negative rep for 10 seconds and then a positive rep for ten seconds whatever exercise you are doing. Foir example if you are bench pressing you take 10 seconds to bring the weight down and 10 seconds to bring it up. It takes some practice but it will rip you up.

Jojo: I sure you have heard of this since your the fitness guru. Let me know your thoughts on this.

:D

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Originally posted by Scotty
Has anyone ever tried "Super-Slow" weight training? I read about it sveral months ago and have been doing it on some of my workouts. It's pretty tough and I can only use light weights, but it's a great workout. Something different. You basicaly control you weight and do a negative rep for 10 seconds and then a positive rep for ten seconds whatever exercise you are doing. Foir example if you are bench pressing you take 10 seconds to bring the weight down and 10 seconds to bring it up. It takes some practice but it will rip you up
Wow, I haven't heard of going that slow. I bet that's hard.

A trainer at my gym recommends 1.5 seconds up and 3 to 5 seconds down for building mass and 1/1 for toning.

Scotty

Chimp
Jul 9, 2001
Delaware
Yes, it is very difficult and I can only use light weights. I do a leg press exercise then a lat pull down and then bemch press or push ups. Two sets of about 8-10 reps is all you need. It took me awhile to get used to it.