Quantcast

SuperCo Bikes - 15" chainstay hardtail - drool!

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
great clip from the trails today. LB ripping his 24" superCo.

pic: jeff da grom. good one jeff!

cencalballer

Chimp
Feb 22, 2007
can i ask why a 15" cs is such a big deal isnt the alab trailking a 14.75"cs
i like the frame but the cs length doesnt really tell me a lot

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
It's a big deal because most bike's chainstays are 16"+. It's good to seem more choices with short stays. The frames are also pretty light, which many like.

cencalballer

Chimp
Feb 22, 2007
i get that its short but it just doesnt seem that neat when theyre are already other cchoices. someone has already done it and most are acting like its the newest thing to hit the block. thats all im sayin i undertand the chainstay thing and im thrilled that there are more choices but people are overating it is all i think.

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
I'm actually engineering a way to have a 12" - 13" CS with 26" wheels. There would be no spindle connecting the crank arms, they would use driveshafts and angled gears to maintain their 180 degree orientation. It would add some drivetrain drag but it would be worth it IMO.

Or I'll just attach the cranks directly to the rear axle, like a unicycle with a front triangle, bet I could figure out how to manual on that! Bunnyhops would suck though...

Landon

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
These are exceptional frames backed by some passionate and very competent individuals. Everything looks dialed. Including that euro-table.

If you are an adult who is into riding bike like this, paying an extra 2 or 3 bills for something unique, interesting, and dialed is a bargain.

Just my 2 cents...

-L