Quantcast

Surefire flashlights?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I agree that women don't understand.

I've only barely restrained myself from purchasing one, and have only managed to restrain myself by purchasing other toys like expensive knives ;)

So you like it, eh? Worth every penny or just a fun toy that you didn't mind the pricetag for?

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
It's bright for it's size. Hell, it's not much bigger than a AA battery. Perfect for throwing in the Camelback on a night ride, just in case. And the added weatherproofing, and anti-rust feature is pretty cool.

Plus for us concealed carry types, you can just keep it in your pocket or a mag pouch.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i carry a rechargeable stinger on duty, was thinking of getting a smaller surefire for tactical shooting. my department is looking at getting us all the M3 light that fits on the light rail of the lower reciever on our Glocks. that'll be nice, super white light with red dot laser at the push of a button and no need for akward shooting positions because you don't have to hold a flashlight.

btw, for the "you paid $80 for a flashlight" gawkers....that's actually pretty cheap. the higher end, rechargeable mag lights can run upwards of $130.

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
manimal said:
i carry a rechargeable stinger on duty, was thinking of getting a smaller surefire for tactical shooting. my department is looking at getting us all the M3 light that fits on the light rail of the lower reciever on our Glocks. that'll be nice, super white light with red dot laser at the push of a button and no need for akward shooting positions because you don't have to hold a flashlight.

btw, for the "you paid $80 for a flashlight" gawkers....that's actually pretty cheap. the higher end, rechargeable mag lights can run upwards of $130.
I have a rechargable Stinger I keep at home on the nightstand. Even though the dog chewed off the only 2 plastic pieces on the light, it still works and still charges. Nice light for sure.

I have only used a light a few times for "tactical" ops. I prefer infrared myself, but I hear they are super expensive in the civilian world. And I tried a few lasers, but I never aim anyway, I am more of a point shooter.

I just went back to the website to look at tactical lights. Damn, I don't feel so bad now. There are a few that cost over $300!